Currently a top-rated show on Cartoon Network in the U.S., the story of Blue Dragon centers on a young boy named Shu and several of his friends who possess the ability to control phantom shadows that mirror the actions of their masters. In Blue Dragon Plus, one year has passed since Shu and his companions defeated the tyrannical remnant of the Ancients, Nene. In the midst of the battle, the world split in two and now consists of a myriad of “cubes” that exploded from its depths. King Jibral notices a mysterious cube in the distance suddenly start to move violently, and from it he sees the Shadow of a Balaur, a three-headed dragon, emerge. The enormous and sinister Shadow is just the beginning of the new turmoil and devastation to come.
"We are thrilled to be able to take Blue Dragon Plus to market,” said Ajay Chadha, President of Ignition Entertainment. “Out-of-the-box thinking and effective marketing are the cornerstones of our success, and this acquisition relays our standing commitment to that. Clearly our partners have as much faith in Ignition as we have in their products!"
“Ignition Entertainment has proven to be an excellent partner for us and we look forward to working together with them again with the launch of Blue Dragon Plus in North America and Europe next year,” said Tomoyuki Takechi, CEO of AQ Interactive Inc.
Directed by Hironobu Sakaguchi, Blue Dragon Plus features character designs by Akira Toriyama, and a soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu.
Blue Dragon Plus Features:
- Single Player Campaign With Over 30 Hours of Game Play
- Legion vs. Legion
- Control up to 16 humans and Mecha Robos to fight against a horde of enemies
- Equip your units with items and alter their composition to bolster their strength
- Exciting Real-Time Battles and Shadow Fights!
- High Quality Dual Screen FMV’s Showcasing More Than an Hour of Story Events!
- Exciting RPG Elements Such As Item Collection, Character Progression and Robot Customizations
Ignition Entertainment is bringing Blue Dragon Plus to North America and Europe in March 2009.
More articles about Blue Dragon Plus