Experience World War III in your living room with Tom Clancy’s EndWar, a revolutionary new war game built to maximize next-generation gaming consoles and completely controllable by voice.
A chillingly relevant storyline pits superpower against superpower in all-out war—with you in command. You'll take control of the US-led Joint Strike Force, the European Enforcers Corps, or the Russian Spetsnaz Guards Brigade in a single-player campaign or online against friends in a persistent-world Theater of War mode. EndWar goes beyond other war games by letting you use your own voice to control your units, offering you true control of the action at the speed of thought.
Instead of the traditional top-down view, EndWar uses a unique third-person camera that puts you in the heart of the battle. Watch the devastation unfold as hundreds of units engage the enemy on fully destructible battlefields.
Cover, suppression, morale and many other elements of combat are taken into account as you battle your way across Europe and the United States.
True to the Tom Clancy legacy, EndWar offers a wide range of vehicles, weapons, and equipment based on real-world military research, giving you unprecedented access to the cutting-edge technology of tomorrow’s wars.
Prior to the launch of their new online community, this sweepstakes will send one lucky member and a guest to Shanghai, China, for a tour of Ubisoft's Pacific Rim Headquarters and an opportunity to play Tom Clancy's EndWar with the development team before it's released in the U.S. In addition, Ubisoft is also giving away loads of prizes including the Pro gaming console from the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and exclusive EndWar swag packs.
To enter, all you have to do is register for the new EndWar Community and you're automatically entered to win.
Ubisoft's EndWar Community will be the central headquarters for all things EndWar, from forums and developer blogs to downloadable content and interactive missions. Members can gain points by participating in the Community to win exclusive EndWar swag and other great prizes, and it's all free.
Potential winners will be notified by the Community administrator and prizes will be shipped using the Contact Info (email, phone and address) provided during registration. Make sure your contact information is correct and up-to-date or your winning entry will not be validated. On or about October 3, 2008, winners will be chosen from all entries to receive the following prizes:
- One Grand Prize: A trip for two (2) to Shanghai, China! One lucky grand prize winner will visit the Ubisoft headquarters in Shanghai to discuss battle tactics with the game's developers, while getting an early sneak peek at game play before Tom Clancy's EndWar comes out.
- Five Runners Up: Five (5) members will receive a Pro gaming console from Xbox 360 with a custom EndWar faceplate.
- 1,000 Second Runners Up: 1,000 members will receive an exclusive EndWar swag pack complete with a limited edition T-shirt, faction badges, stickers and more!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the U.S. only (excluding residents of New York, Florida, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, Vermont and any other jurisdiction where such Sweepstakes would be prohibited by law), who are at least 18 years of age. For details, see the Terms & Conditions.
- Wage war without ever picking up a controller with the revolutionary voice command system.
- Experience a chillingly realistic vision of World War III in the fashion of the best techno-thrillers.
- Explore 40 stunningly realistic real-world battlefields set in Europe and the United States, including Washington D.C., Paris, and Moscow.
- Deeply customizable armies featuring unit ranks and hundreds of upgrades add up to endless replay value.
- Go to war online in a persistent multiplayer campaign with fully-customizable battalions and units.
- Watch the destruction unfold in spectacular detail in massive battles featuring hundreds of units and fully destructible environments.
Nuclear terrorism in Saudi Arabia kills 6 million and cripples the world’s oil supply. The world is seized by an energy crisis of catastrophic proportions that sees many governments struggling to maintain civil and economic order. “Energy security” becomes the explicit priority of governments around the world.
The historic S.L.A.M.S. (Space-Land-Air Missile Shield) treaty is ratified by the United States and Europe. The Joint US-European missile shield goes live.
Strategic nuclear war has been rendered impossible. On both sides of the Atlantic, crowds celebrate the advent of a new age of peace and security.
2017 – 2020
Now the world's number-one supplier of crude oil and natural gas, Russia pours its flooding petrodollars into its greatest arms buildup since the Cold War.
In response to the ongoing energy crisis, nearly all of the European Union’s member states ratify the European Constitution and unite as a single national entity known as The European Federation (EF), with a population and GNP greater than the United States. The United Kingdom declines federation, but retains close economic and diplomatic ties.
The international community – Europe in particular - responds with outrage when the U.S. launches its first kinetic bombardment satellites in orbit. The European Federation starts launching its own weaponised satellite systems. Both superpowers are locked in a spiraling arms race in space. By the end of 2019, each has put a dozen ground-effect weapons satellites into orbit.
The United States begins assembling the "Freedom Star," a military space station to house a battalion of rapid-response "orbital marines". International reaction to this “American Aircraft Carrier in Space” is very negative. Despite international protests, the US vows to go forward with the launch of Freedom Star modules as scheduled.
Tom Clancy's EndWar is scheduled for release on NDS, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 in fiscal year 2007/2008.
More articles about Tom Clancy's EndWar