Starting Sept. 18 (2:00 pm/PDT) and running through 2:00 pm/PDT on Sept. 25, Activision’s CoD 4 Variety Map Pack by Infinity Ward will be available for $4.99, down from $9.99. As part of the limited time offer, PlayStation Network will also host a Double XP Weekend, allowing players to earn twice as much XP.
Members of Infinity Ward will also be online between noon – 4:00 pm/PDT on Friday, September 19 to play with fans on what has become the number one-selling DLC on PlayStation Network. While online, players should be sure to add the following Infinity Ward PSN tags to their friends list:
The Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack includes an adrenaline-pumping four Modern Warfare maps.
- “Broadcast” features tight corridors and wide open parking lots where large groups utilize strategic maneuvers through close-quarter fighting
- “Chinatown” delivers the action by the full moon against a backdrop of brightly colored lamps, antique shops and neon signs of the local district
- “Killhouse” is a desolate warehouse under enemy attack where squads must move from building to building to full take control of the combat
- “Creek” is a large open village nestled in a heavily wooded area, where games will fight between high ridgelines and deep in underground caves
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare arms gamers with an arsenal of advanced and powerful modern day firepower and transports them to the most treacherous hotspots around the globe to take on a rogue enemy group threatening the world. As both a U.S Marine and British S.A.S. soldier fighting through an unfolding story full of twists and turns, players use sophisticated technology, superior firepower and coordinated land and air strikes on a battlefield where speed, accuracy and communication are essential to victory. The epic title also delivers an added depth of multiplayer action providing online fans an all-new community of persistence, addictive and customizable gameplay.
Mixed with explosive action, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare also delivers amazing special effects, including use of depth of field, rim-lighting, character self-shadowing, real time post-processing, texture streaming as well as physics-enabled effects to enlist players into the most photo-realistic gaming experience. Combined with Call of Duty’s award-winning audio design, players will face war as never before.
In addition to single player, Infinity Ward has deployed a dedicated team from the start to deliver a new level of depth to multiplayer. Building on the Call of Duty 2 online experience, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’s new multiplayer is set to provide the community an addictive and accessible experience to gamers of all levels.
- Featuring an available arsenal of more than 70 new and authentic weapons and gear from assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines, .50 caliber sniper rifles, and M-249 SAW machine guns. With accessories like night-vision goggles and ghillie suits, for maximum concealment, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has players locked and loaded to accomplish the mission.
- Delivering the most visceral action thriller ever, the title covers modern battle from the soldier to the satellite, where the need for air support is critical to success. The adrenaline rush deployment enlists gamers to fast-rope from tactical helicopters, ride in an armada of attack choppers, utilize jets to remove enemy strongholds and even engage hostiles from thousands of feet above the ground inside a state of the art aerial gunship.
- Featuring stunning next-generation graphics, players will be drawn into the cinematic intensity of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Amazing special effects, including realistic depth of field, rim-lighting, character self-shadowing, texture streaming as well as physics-enabled effects will enlist players into the most photo-realistic
gaming experience. Combine the lifelike graphics and the realistic battle chatter with the Call of Duty award-winning sound design and players will face battle as they have never before.
- Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty 2 delivering a persistent online experience for greater community interaction. Featuring create-a-class options allowing players to customize gear that is best suited for play, to experience points enabling unlockables and perks, all the way to matchmaking and leaderboards for the latest in tracking, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’s multiplayer is set to deliver easily accessible and addictive online play for all.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, not yet been rated by the ESRB, will launch November 5, 2007, on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.
More articles about Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare