Duke Nukem, the politically incorrect action hero and ultimate alien ass kicker, defends Earth and its babes from alien invasion in Duke Nukem 3D. This is the game that helped define the FPS genre, introducing unparalleled interactivity, and a main character that spoke. Take the fight to the aliens across 39 levels featuring Hollywood, Los Angeles, a moon base, and alien spacecraft. Innovative items like the Jetpack, HoloDuke, Shrink Ray, or Pipe Bombs allow you to fight the aliens in any style you want. Defeat the aliens, so Duke can get back to some R&R with a stogie, a warm belly, and a bottle of Jack.
A classic returns in an updated and improved form:
- Eight player co-op and DukeMatch play
- Play ranked matches in one on one or free for all for leaderboard spots. A playlist of levels keeps the game fresh and levels will rotate on and off the list.
- Play co-op with your friends and earn all single player achievements or complete the game regardless if it's co-op or single player. It's your choice how to play.
- By reserving private slots you can play with your friends or with strangers in any combination. Invite away.
- User Clips
- Every time you play a single or multiplayer game, a user clip is recorded. These user clips can be viewed anytime in your theater or shared with your friends who own the game.
- User Clips are also uploaded to leaderboard spots if you complete a level the fastest (time trials) or get the highest score on a level.
- If you are trying to speed run a level, and are having trouble, download a clip from the leaderboard and study it for tips.
- Painless Death
- Upon death you are presented with a TiVo-style timeline. You can review your play from the start of the level up until your death and jump in at any point.
- Go back 10 seconds or 10 minutes, the choice is up to you.
- You can still save and load your game at any point (the old fashioned way), but you never have to.
- Artwork Gallery
- As you unlock achievements you also unlock Duke Nukem 3D concept art. You can visit the Gallery in the game any time and view never before seen original concept art and learn more about the game.
- 360 Support
- Updated support for common 360 items like controller vibration, Bilinear filtering (optional), XBox Vision Camera for DukeMatch, and more.
“Duke Nukem 3D” will be blasting onto Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, September 24 at 9 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT) for 800 Microsoft Points.