Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.
Liberty City comes to life through a revitalized Games for Windows Live experience, including expanded online matches, cutting-edge DirectX 10 graphics, and new LIVE features such as a redesigned game interface, out-of-game client and marketplace.
“We’re incredibly proud of the deep, customizable multiplayer experience that Grand Theft Auto IV offers players, “ said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “As we work toward the release of the PC version, Games for Windows Live affords us the opportunity to seamlessly translate the multiplayer console experience for PC gamers. The service is a natural fit for the platform and we strongly believe it will help in building a strong online community around GTA IV PC.”
Games for Windows Live delivers a truly connected experience for PC gamers, letting users enjoy a common Gamertag, Gamerscore, and unified friends list that carries across both supported PC games and the Xbox 360 console, as well as single and multiplayer Achievements, voice chat, text messaging and TruSkill online matchmaking.
“Great Windows-based games like ‘Grand Theft Auto IV,’ ‘Fallout 3’ and ‘Dawn of War II’ are proof that Microsoft is delivering on its promise to provide the best possible PC gaming experience on Windows,” said Kevin Unangst, senior global director of Windows gaming at Microsoft. “We are engaged with our community and listen attentively to their needs and concerns. With their input our platform has continued to evolve, and we’re proud of the marked improvement the Games for Windows program has brought to PC gaming in its first two years.”
What does the American dream mean today?
For Niko Bellic fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can escape from his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity. As they slip into debt and get dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them and a living nightmare for those who don't.
- New high resolution technology brings Liberty City to life with even more stunning graphical detail
- Expanded multiplayer will require even more strategy and skill to come out on top
- Match Filtering allows you to pick your favorite multiplayer options and then instantly find online matches that fit
- Record gameplay clips and edit them together with a variety of options using the Video Editor and upload via the Rockstar Social Club
- Optimized for PC controls and Xbox 360 controller
- OS: Windows XP SP2
- Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)
- RAM: 2GB
- Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space
- Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader
- Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
Take a tour of Liberty City over at the official website.
Rockstar Games will be bringing Grand Theft Auto IV to PC on Nov. 18th in North America and Nov. 21st in Europe.
More articles about Grand Theft Auto IV