Commander: Napoleon at War brings the same simple and intuitive gameplay mechanics to the Napoleonic era, creating a different and even more compelling gaming experience.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said "Given the enormous success of Commander - Europe at War, the Napoleonic incarnation of the same elegant game system stands to be just as fantastic. Commander - Napoleon at War captures everything that was intuitive and fun about the original Commander while still modeling Napoleonic strategy in all its glory!"
Iain McNeil from Slitherine Strategies added "We are pleased to be publishing another highly anticipated title together with Matrix Games and look forward to working with them for the release of Commander - Napoleon at War. Gamers who found Commander - Europe at War fun, easy, and engaging will no doubt see that this new sequel will retain all the positive aspects of its predecessor while still coming filled with plenty of improvements and innovation."
In Commander - Napoleon at War, players must use the combined arms of infantry, cavalry and artillery combined with the innovations and strategies of the Napoleonic wars to secure victory. Play on a beautifully rendered map of Napoleonic Europe, where terrain and weather play a large role and mud and snow may bog down your army at a crucial time. Logistics are also modelled, with supply lines, resources and sieges and the use of privateers and naval superiority to stifle trade routes. Players have twelve unit types to choose from as well as fifteen research paths, and eight immersive historical campaigns from 1805 through 1815!
- 8 immersive campaigns (including a full 1805-1815 campaign) starting from Napoleon's war with Austria, Russia and Britan in 1805 up to the 100 days campaign ending at Waterloo in 1815.
- Take control of Napoleon's forces or the Allied Coalition who opposed him, including Britain, Prussia, Austria and Russia.
- Huge map covering all of Europe and stretching from Canada and the United States all the way to the Urals and the Middle East in beautiful historical detail
- Choose from up to 15 different historical research paths for each country in five general areas (Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery, Navy, Warfare)
- Spend Money, Manpower and Horses to build new units and recruit historical leaders, choosing from twelve different unit types ranging from Light Infantry to Frigates.
Can Napoleon's ambition be denied or will the flag of the Empire of France fly throughout the continent? It is up to you to write the story of the Napoleonic Wars in Commander: Napoleon at War!
More articles about Commander: Napoleon at War