A Murder of Crows is Kerberos Production’s latest addition to its 4X space strategy game franchise Sword of the Stars, exemplifying the continued commitment to the dedicated Sword of the Stars community.
While the four civilized races battle back the voracious Zuul and seek advantage over each other, a ghost from the past returns to the galaxy in the form of the manipulative Morrigi. Already known for their dark crow-shaped attack drones and deadly traps, this race once thought long extinct, returns looking for vengeance.
Using never-before-seen weapons, ships and tactics, the Morrigi fall upon the other five races of the Sword of the Stars universe, who must now adapt to the ancient masters of space or be destroyed.
Time is of the essence as world after world falls to the black winged ships that surge out of the dark like A Murder of Crows.
“This new expansion exemplifies Kerberos’ continued commitment to the vast and dedicated SotS community,” said Steve Wall, Vice President Business Development at Lighthouse Interactive. “Fans will revel in the dynamic new gameplay they’re about to experience. For those new to the SotS universe, we encourage you to check out the teaser we released this week and visit the official website. This IS the game for space strategy fans, so you don’t miss it!”
Key Features :
- A New Sixth race – The Morrigi, who appeared as a series of mysterious random events in Born of Blood (the first Sword of the Stars expansion pack), continues to evolve the ever-expanding Sword of the Stars universe
- New Ship Sections - Over a dozen new ship sections for all races to match against your opponents
- Unique ‘Grav Flock’ Drive System for Morrigi Ships – The more Morrigi ships in a fleet, the faster they can travel, continuing the racial diversity unique to the Sword of the Stars gameplay experience
- 15 new weapons
- 27 new technologies and the new Xeno-Cultural and Drones tech trees
- Sword of the Stars gameplay continues to deepen with Civilian populations, independent worlds, Espionage options, and demands for planetary surrender
- Drone carrying ships in all three size classes
- Construction ships, a variety of orbital stations, spy ships, Police Cutters, and more
- A whole new set of GUI enhancements and additions
- OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended for Windows Vista)
- Video: DirectX 9 compliant video card with 256 MB RAM
- PC CD/DVD-ROM: 4x speed
- Available Hard Disk Space: 4 GB
- Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Multiplayer: High-speed Internet connection
- Other: Mouse, Keyboard, and Sound Speakers
A Murder of Crows, requires Sword of the Stars: Collector’s Edition or Born of Blood, will be available for purchase exclusively through GamersGate in September 2008.
More articles about Sword of the Stars: A Murder of Crows