Created by Arberth Studios of West Wales, Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches promises an authentic first-person, point-and-click adventure brimming with Celtic atmosphere. This spine-tingling story of the haunting of a lonely, teenage girl blends magic with technology, fact with myth, and horror with compassion. The game is a feast for lovers of ghost stories, mysteries, legends, and puzzles.
Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches, based on the classic Welsh “Four Branches” legends, is set in a mystical place on the Celtic fringes of Britain, a place where myth and magic spill into reality, threatening the sanity of a teenage girl and bringing an ancient battle for revenge to a remote Welsh farmstead. Are reports of unexplained noises and strange visions by fifteen year old Rhiannon Sullivan merely the figments of an overactive imagination? Or does the history of her family’s new home, Ty Pryderi, hold a terrible connection to a timeless struggle between man and magic? Her parents take Rhiannon away, leaving Ty Pryderi to your watch and exploration, but their absence can only postpone an ancient inevitability of revenge and death.
Unless you can stop it!
Key Features :
- Set in present day, the plot draws from ancient Welsh myths and legends
- Explore the haunted Welsh farmstead, from the imposing house, to its extensive grounds and buildings
- First-person, point-and-click with approximately 20 to 30 hours of largely non-linear gameplay
- Involved, multi-threaded plot
- Features classic themes such as: magic, paranormal phenomena and technology
- Interact with a comprehensive inventory of nearly 200 items
- 1024x768 full-screen graphics
- Engaging and unusual challenges, mostly plot and inventory-driven
- A haunting musical score will send chills up your spine
- Solid chapter structure to the compelling and ultimately uplifting story
Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches, rated "T" for Teen, is scheduled for release in North America in October 5, 2008 for $29.99 (USD), while Europe (excluding: Italy, Greece and Russia) gets it in the next quarter.
More articles about Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches