- Dedicated PC server support for PS3 clients
Various AI fixes/tweaks
- Tweaked bot taunting frequency.
- Players have priority over bots for touching flag.
- AI difficulty tweaks.
- Improved bot decision making for whether to attack node or enemy.
- Bots don't camp orb spawners as much.
- Improved AI for locking node with orb.
- Improved low skill bots use of SPMA.
- Added bot taunting animation support.
- Improved bot informational voice message frequency and message selection.
- Tweaked AI skill auto-adjust in campaign.
- Improved AI for using Flak Cannon.
- Improved AI for using Impact Hammer.
- Improved AI for using Link Gun.
- Improved AI decision making for whether target can be attacked.
- Fixed replication of bot aiming pitch.
Various exploit fixes
- Fixed core damaging exploit with shaped charge.
Several stability fixes
- Avoid NaNs in angular velocity, coming from ToAxisAndAngle.
- Fix for assert trying to replicate zero FQuat (eg. replicating physics before struct has been filled in)
- Fixed issue where hoverboard failed to be created.
Several minor gameplay improvements
- Fixed not always showing portraits for banter during campaign.
- Duel match ends if one player leaves.
- More fixes for stats reporting (suicides in some cases).
- Remove "Orbs Scored" stat from game since it wasn't used
- No quickstart if only one player in instant action match.
- Fixed cases where players weren't getting proper scoring bonuses for prime nodes.
- Fixed stats credit for translocator telefrags.
- Force respawn if no teammate bots in campaign.
- Adjusted "too close to attack" range for Manta and Viper.
- Fixed cases where SPMA could shoot through a wall it was up against.
- Increased incoming shell sound radius.
- Fixed manta crouch at full speed exploit.
- Pop vipers out of water if underwater.
- Fixed some rail turret replication issues.
- Improved rail turret controls.
Various rendering fixes
- Fixed sporadic sorting issues with instagib and shock beams, and occasionally other effects.
- Fixed flag icon scaling on minimap at different resolutions
- Fixed orb scaling in minimap at different resolutions.
- Improved gib lighting.
- Fixed clients seeing full redeemer explosion when non-guided redeemer is shot out of the air.
- Fixed cases where orb spawner didn't properly animate in network games.
- Fixed gibs not showing for clients of listen server if the gibbed player wasn't visible to the server player.
- Fixed gibs not showing for clients of low-gore listen server.
- Fixed big head mutator not popping at lower LODs.
- Fixed LOD settings for fallback character mesh.
- Improved character lighting.
- Fixed foot placement for nearby visible players getting on hoverboard.
- Fixed rocket launcher switching away on client before firing last three loaded rockets.
- Fixed weapon overlay sometimes shown with hidden hands.
- Fixed some environmental stats
- No friendly fire mutator in Duel.
- Fixed "player" non-existent bots showing up in voice command menu.
- Adjusted "last second save" message priority.
- Don't allow berserk mixed with speed freak.
- When paging up/down on a list, when it wraps around, just wrap to the first/last element of the list, not the first + a page, that makes short lists (1.5 screens high, etc) kind of messy
- code fix for red searchlight not following red marker
Unreal Tournament 3 marks the return of the industry’s premiere first-person shooter utilizing the completely new Unreal Engine 3 technology taking the graphics, playability and challenge to a new level.
Players assume the role of a futuristic warrior engaged in contests of intense shooting battles against skilled opponents, controlled either by human contestants online or by A.I. These contests are fought with the most powerful sci-fi weapons and vehicles. It’s FPS action at it’s best!
Martin Spiess, European Managing Director of Midway Games Ltd., said, “The separated format releases have worked well, effectively giving each sku its own space. Epic has delivered a game of impeccable quality and superb playability, and sales figures clearly show the timing was also spot on.” He added, “It’s impossible to overstate the strategic value we place on the Unreal franchise, which is why we’re investing considerably in bespoke launches for each of the games’ formats.”
- Unparalleled graphical and physical realism from the latest Unreal Engine 3 technology delivers the most compelling First Person Shooter Experience to-date...online and offline!
- Vast arsenal of weapons. The weaponry is bigger and badder than ever. Destroy your opponent from a distance with the ever popular Link Gun or blast away at close range with the Bio Rifl e. There are a ton of weapons to choose from and many have been upgraded for maximum performance and killing sprees.
- Single player mode rivals the online experience! Battle against lightening fast A.I. in the deeper and richer single player tournament mode.
- Onslaught vehicle combat, taken to a new level. Expanded Onslaught game type features two complete sets of high-tech vehicles, including the massive Leviathan, the terrifying Darkwalker, and a completely new way to get into the action…the Hoverboard.
- New and favorite characters. Fight side-by-side with or compete against new and returning characters from the UT franchise, all with enhanced abilities, extremely detailed looks and distinct personalities.
- Enhanced popular game types, including: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Instagib CTF and more.
- Online innovations. Unreal Tournament 2007 provides seamless loading on servers in addition to improved matchmaking for more evenly matched competitors.
- Bundled with the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 Toolset. Build your own levels, gametypes, and more, or download the latest mods from the massive Unreal community.
Unreal Tournament 3 hits shelves on 22nd February, 2008 in Europe.
More articles about Unreal Tournament 3