Sunny skies, lush forest and rolling hills combine to form the land known as Ninjatown where adorable and honorable Ninjas populate this vibrant yet peaceful place. However, after the mysterious eruption of a nearby volcano, Ninjatown is attacked by hordes of sinister enemies lead by Mr. Demon, who, for reasons unknown, is bent on destruction. It is now time to use each of the Ninjas’ unique skills and powers – including the Mighty Wind of Ninja Dropping and Stealth Hugs - even the Ol’ Master Ninja comes out of retirement to fight off the evil and secure Ninjatown, one district at a time. The game is played from the top down, where the player uses the stylus to strategically place Ninjas to defend each area. The action is non-stop!
Next, the Devils will push their way towards the Business District, first marching on the Wi-Fi Gap. Luckily, the Business Ninja is now available! Business Ninjas can attack at incredible speeds, and can grab Devils that don't stand still!
However, you'll also have to contend with the new Business Devils, who drink so many caffeine–infused dark syrup lattes, they never slow down. You'll get a new Old Master Ninja power, "Stop! Ninja Time!" - touch the spinning hourglass to stop time. The more sand there is on top when the hourglass stops spinning, the more time you'll have to build and upgrade defenses. You'll have to cover numerous roads and directions when you defend the Downtown area, and you'll need to account for ninjas coming from opposite directions at the NTSE (Ninjatown Sugar Exchange).
Feeling a little slow? Don't worry, green tea bistros will increase nearby ninjas movement speed. Finally, you'll confront the EVIL Ceo, leader of the Business Devils, as you defend the Loop, the last battle for the Sugar Exchange! If you're successful, a new, super token awaits as your reward….
- Based on the popular Shawnimals designer toys and plush – this is the first game to bridge the designer toy and videogame worlds
- The game is played from the top down, with the player using the stylus to place buildings and issue commands to ninjas on the battlefield
- Non-stop gameplay that combines town “build” and “defend” modes to keep the action flowing
- Each Ninja has specific powers and weapons that make them well suited to fight off certain enemies
- Ol’ Master Ninja comes down from above to bust out special moves like “Get off My Lawn” which uses the Microphone to “blow” enemies around the map
- Each building is upgradeable to keep your fighting Ninjas one step ahead of the forces of evil
- Build support buildings to bolster your Ninja skills and help them fight off the enemy
- Totally unique art style and gameplay bring a fresh look and feel to the DS
- The creator of Shawnimals and Ninjatown, Shawn Smith, is a former editor at Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine.
Ninjatown is scheduled for release in October 28, 2008.
More articles about Ninjatown