In the all-new $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contet, aspiring game developers create modifications (“mods”) for the PC version of Unreal Tournament 3 in a range of categories including levels, characters, weapons, game types, tools, vehicles and more. Winnings exceed well over $1 million in value, consisting of one coveted Unreal Engine 3 license as a grand prize in addition to other cash awards and prizes, including Intel Software Development Products and Velocity Micro PCs based on the Intel® Dual Socket Extreme Desktop Platform with two Intel® Core™2 Extreme quad-core processors. The 2008 “$1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest” will be judged in four preliminary phases and a grand final. Judging began in June 2008 and will conclude, with the grand final prizes being awarded, in late 2009.
The competition rewards top mods created for Unreal Tournament 3 with cash and hardware prizes in four preliminary phases and a grand final judging. Epic will reveal the winners in all 10 Phase 1 categories later this month at the Austin Game Developers Conference, September 15-17, 2008.
The Best Deathmatch finalists:
- Acquistion by Ben "Slainchild" Edney
- August by Nick “neoduck” Donaldson
- Calibrah by Matthias “sklare” Cytatzky
- Cath by Claes "Nurb" Engdal
- Salvation by Daniel "KaMi" Díaz
- Razerate by Matthias “sklare” Cytatzky
- Shrift by Michael “genthly” Gmür
- Shrine by Thomas “Setheran” Browett
- Waterfalls by David “DGUnreal” Green
- Xiao by Sander “ZixXer” Vereecken
Deathmatch mods with an honorable mention:
- IronMaiden2 by Muhammad "MozI" Ahmed
- Conveyor by Bret Hart
- Downpour by Thomas “Setheran” Browett
- Krodan by Sjoerd "Hourences" De Jong
- Monastery2 by Michael “Xyos212” Brandsema
- TempestX by Ryan "Morg" Morgan
- Utopia by Robert Hartley
- Wasteland by Remus Brailoiu
Epic will begin accepting submissions for Phase 2 of the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest on September 30, 2008, and the entry deadline for Phase 2 is October 17, 2008. Participation in Phase 1 is not required for eligibility in Phase 2. Visit www.makesomethingunreal.com for more details on the contest.