A Hero's Decision Affects the Lives of Many. It is time to choose your destiny, whether to champion the cause of good or to delve into the twisted paths of evil.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is an Action RPG with a rich story that takes place in a giant, open-ended and seamless world. This world contains hundreds of dungeons, treacherous opponents and a variety of challenging quests. Intelligent enemies, steadily adapting in number and difficulty based on player progress, challenge in heroic single- and multiplayer battles.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel provides numerous unique items that can be gathered in this mystical world. A deep reward system further enables advancements in character, individual attributes and character-specific fighting styles, each designed to keep players returning to the world of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel to discover what is around the next bend. Drop-in styled cooperative multiplayer gameplay ensures players will enjoy the game alone or seamlessly with friends at any time. Five unique multiplayer modes round out the experience and offer a refreshing, first-class gaming experience in Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
The Temple Guardian
The Temple Guardian is a cyborg consisting of organic tissue and mechanic technology. He is animated by T-Energy. Due to his divine origin, he is also able to control this energy and to utilize it for his purposes. This cyborg creature’s special feature is his left arm. He is able to transform it into a variety of weapons in order to use T-Energy in all available forms during battle. Thus, the Temple Guardian is able to wield devastating melee weapons but he can also launch equally destructive ranged attacks. These abilities render him one of the most powerful beings in Ancaria.
Aspect: Devout Guardian
The Temple Guardian is a cyborg and as such, a deadly, efficient and unemotional war machine. Once, he had been created to protect the Great Machine; now, he is able to inflict severe physical damage to his opponents by using T-Energy purposefully. He boasts features that no other character possesses.
- Dedicated Blow: A portion of physical damage is converted to the damage source, which the opponent has least resistance to.
- Battle Extension: An additional arm that will fell opponents during battle.
- Deathly Spears: Long spears will sprout from the Temple Guardian’s body in order to protect him from attacks within range.
- Combat Alert: Increases the attack and defense value
- T-Energy Shroud: Raises a force field that partially absorbs incoming damage while enough energy remains to sustain the shield
Aspect Lost Fusion
One arm of the Temple Guardian is purely mechanical, which allows him to exchange it and enhance it with T-Energy, to make it an even deadlier weapon against opponents.
- Amplifying Discharge: A rapid shot with bullets. These have a chance to hit an additional opponent who is close to the original target
- Furious Emblazer: A jet of molten fire burns everything in the Temple Guardian's path.
- Jolting Touch: The Temple Guardian clutches his opponent with the left hand immobilizing him and sending out electrical impulses for several seconds
- Archimedes Beam: The Temple Guardian’s left arm unfolds a large parabolic mirror and fires a powerful beam of concentrated energy.
- Propelled Levitation: The Temple Guardian levitates and moves faster, which renders him more difficult to hit. His jet nozzles emit pulses, which will damage nearby opponents.
Aspect Source Warden
T-Energy grants the Temple Guardian special abilities in order to weaken or transform his opponents. He is able to surround himself with an energy field and he can use extensive heat or cold to weaken his opponents.
- Primal Mutation: Causes direct damage using T-Energy. This combat art also gives the chance to transform an opponent into a harmless animal
- Fiery Ember: Causes fire damage and decreases opponents’ fire resistance within a certain radius. Allied players receive a bonus to ice resistance.
- Icy Evanescence: Causes ice damage and decreases opponents’ ice resistance within a certain radius. Allied players receive a bonus to fire resistance.
- Charged Grid: T-Energy pulsates around the Temple Guardian and damages opponents while it heals allies at the same time.
- Untouchable Force: Creates a small force field around the Temple Guardian that causes light damage to nearby opponents with the possibility to leave them stunned.
The Inquisitors are High Priests. Originally, these were the connection between the rulers and the Great Machine. Over time, they started to abuse their powers and they attempted to become involved with politics. Now, the High Priests are secretly breeding demons and other disgusting creatures in order to seize power over Ancaria.
The Inquisitor is a fighter for the shadows. He has powerful and manipulative spells at his command, which render him a deadly weapon. He is even able to manipulate the minds of his enemies. Thus are his powers that he can wield them against entire groups of opponents. He has access to devastating spells of destruction and influence based on dark magic.
The Inquisitors are fanatic fighters and they possess weapons that are able to store and discharge TEnergy, which they will transform into any shape they require.
The Inquisitor is an offensive character. He is extremely self-opinionated and goes to extremes in his fights. He prefers brutal weapons and he is the only character who does not have the skill to wield swords. He favors close combat but he is also able to use ranged weapons.
The Inquisitor wanders Ancaria pursuing purely selfish goals. Therefore, he may only follow the path of shadow.
Aspect Gruesome Inquisition
The Inquisitor uses his privileges and an extremely high degree of sadism as only these former clergymen do. He disposes of his opponents by various cruel means such as shackling them to a pillory or even executing them.
- Callous Execution: Powerful blow or stab that will inflict heavy damage on an opponent.
- Ruthless Mutilation: A strike that will damage and slow down all opponents within a half-circle in front of the Inquisitor.
- Mortifying Pillory: The target opponent is condemned as outlaw, granting former allies a chance to turn against the target. Additionally, portions of weapon damage will be converted into poison damage.
- Purifying Chastisement (Buff): Channels physical pain into offensive damage. The more the Inquisitor is wounded by opponents, the greater the damage he wields, up to a maximum threshold.
And one additional fighting skill you can see ingame!
Aspect Astute Supremacy
The Inquisitor becomes almost invincible. He can take on hordes of enemies, hurling powerful streaks of lightning towards them, or he can steal their souls and use them to his advantage. No one is able to withstand them!
- Levin Array: Several streaks of lightning will shoot forward, inflicting damage on all opponents within a coneshaped area in front of the Inquisitor.
- Raving Thrust: An opponent within medium range is knocked back. Each additional opponent that the first opponent careens into will sustain damage.
- Clustering Maelstrom: Everything within range of the maelstrom will be drawn in to collide heavily at its core. Opponents will sustain damage from the collision.
- Zealous Doppelganger: Summons a doppelganger of the Inquisitor, which will provide support in battle. If the Inquisitor dies while the doppelganger is active, the doppelganger will become the new Inquisitor.
- Reverse Polarity (Buff): While active, this aura grants a chance to reflect ranged damage back to its source.
Aspect Nefarious Underworld
The darkest among the Inquisitors excel in the dark arts. They feed on souls and they desecrate corpses in order to enhance their own powers. They can even frighten their opponents literally to death.
- Dislodged Spirit: A single touch causing ice damage while it tears the soul from the opponent. The opponent's attributes will diminish significantly for a brief period until the soul finds its way back into the body.
- Inexorable Sujugation: A channeled beam hits and petrifies the opponent. Additionally, the beam inflicts magic damage. If the opponent dies while Subjugation is active, the unfortunate soul will transform into a spectral companion of the Inquisitor.
- Eruptive Desecration: Causes corpses to explode, inflicting damage to nearby opponents.
- Paralyzing Dread: Slows down all attacks by opponents in the vicinity of the Inquisitor.
- Soul Reaver: The essences of fallen corpses will rise and surround the Inquisitor. Whenever a fresh soul is raised, the duration of their stay is reset. Each additional soul grants a bonus to the Inquisitor's attack and defense values.
Key Features include:
- A huge, seamless and dynamic world that allows for free-form exploration
- Two campaigns: play as the “Light” or “Shadow” side, complete with distinct skills, rewards and story-elements tailored to the chosen path
- Six exceptional, playable characters, each with a distinct look, capabilities and in-game motivation
- Modifiable combat arts: change and upgrade your alter ego’s combat skills as you make choices throughout the game
- Fight effectively from the back of a number of mounts under your control
- Deities offer unique combat disciplines to players
- The ultimate multiplayer experience – seamless transition between single- and multiplayer gaming modes
- Captivating online modes of play challenge gamers in cooperative and PvP play
- Extraordinary, cutting-edge graphics utilize the latest technologies
Featuring six diverse and in-depth characters, each with their own distinct gameplay style. SACRED 2 will offer the player two different campaigns; one in the Light, the other in Shadow. The chosen path will influence the reception of the player in different environments; a city which welcomed a good character is likely to be hostile towards an evil one. Learn stunning fighting techniques and sophisticated spells. Collect a huge variety of weapons and objects and enhance the character's attributes to create a unique, personalised hero.
The setting is nearly 2,000 years prior to the events of SACRED. The player assumes the role of one of six characters and enters into a story of quests and secrets, magic and sorcery, power and honour. The player must choose their path wisely, as both Light and Shadow campaigns weave alternative journeys across the world of SACRED 2, where the unwary traveller may be aided or attacked by the various inhabitants in the vast land of Ancaria.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is slated to launch on PC, Sept. 30, 2008 while the X360 and PS3 versions are scheduled for Nov. 7, 2008.
More articles about Sacred 2: Fallen Angel