More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry 2 immerses players in an entirely new kind of gaming experience, featuring a custom-made video game engine built from the ground up. Players will discover a true open world gameplay set in one of the most beautiful environments in the world, Africa, brought to life by high-definition next-gen technology.
You are a gun for hire, trapped in a war-torn African state, stricken with malaria and forced to make deals with corrupt warlords on both sides of the conflict in order to make this country your home.
You must identify and exploit your enemies' weaknesses, neutralizing their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and of course brute force.
Far Cry 2 Achievements:
- Stickin' it to the man - Kill a Faction Captain in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory - (10 Points)
- Wages of Conflict - Aquire all conflict diamonds in the game available through payment or exploration - (10 Points)
- Making friends - Save a Buddy from captivity - (10 Points)
- The best laid plans - Work with a Buddy to subvert a mission offered by a faction - (10 Points)
- Wanderer - Find all the Safe Houses in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory - (10 Points)
- Orienteer - Find all the Safe Houses in Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory - (10 Points)
- Investigative Reporter - Turn over the first set of the Jackal's audio logs to the Journalist - (10 Points)
- Messenger - Complete all the available Underground side-quests in both the North and the South - (10 Points)
- Supply... - Unlock new weapons by hitting a Convoy - (10 Points)
- On the run - Escape the Town - (10 Points)
- Down but not out - Escape to Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory - (10 Points)
- Weapon Specialist - Purchase the manuals and acquire the bandolier for one weapon - (10 Points)
- Bagman - Deliver stamped travel documents to the Underground in exchange for medicine - (10 Points)
- Lineman - Complete a Mission intercepted from a cellular tower signal - (20 Points)
- Dawa ya moto ni moto - Break the ceasefire and reignite the conflict - (20 Points)
- Lent a hand - Complete a Buddy side quest - (20 Points)
- Out of the frying pan... - Get rescued by a Buddy - (20 Points)
- Dr Livingston, I presume - Enter every 1 square kilometer map region of the world - (20 Points)
- Pulitzer material - Turn over all of the Jackal's audio logs to the Journalist - (20 Points)
- Weapons Expert - Purchase the manuals and acquire the bandoliers for every weapon - (20 Points)
- Playing both sides... - Switch sides in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory - (20 Points)
- ...against the middle - Switch sides in Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory - (20 Points)
- ...and demand. - Unlock all weapons by hitting every Convoy - (20 Points)
- Prison escape - Escape torture at the old slave outpost - (20 Points)
- Last man standing - Wipe out the senior leadership of both Factions and determine who will be the new Warlords - (30 Points)
- ...into the fire. - Save a Buddy from a mortal wound - (30 Points)
- The third faction - Rescue all the Buddies from their respective predicaments - (30 Points)
- Ruthless - Subvert all the main faction missions in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory - (30 Points)
- Cold Blooded - Subvert all the main faction missions in Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory - (30 Points)
- Utility Man - Complete all Missions intercepted from cellular tower signals - (30 Points)
- Good night sweet prince - Comfort a Buddy and ease his passing - (40 Points)
- Heart of Darkness - Enter the Heart of Darkness - (40 Points)
- The horror... the horror... - Resolve your conflict with the Jackal to facilitate the exodus - (40 Points)
- First Response Team - Get highest revives count in a ranked match - (10 Points)
- Hired Gun - Reach Rank 5 (Ranked Match) - (20 Points)
- Superior Captain - Win a round as the Captain in Uprising mode (Ranked Match) - (10 Points)
- Best in Class - Get highest xp total in one match (Ranked Match) - (20 Points)
- War Party - Win a match with 16 players (Ranked Match) - (20 Points)
- Upgraded Player - Upgrade one class 3 times (Ranked Match) - (20 Points)
- Safari Tour - Play at least one full round in every Official Map (Ranked Match) - (20 Points)
- Battle Hardened - Play at least one full round in every Game Mode (Ranked Match) - (20 Points)
- Professional - Reach Rank 10 (Ranked Match) - (30 Points)
- Mercenary - Reach Rank 20 (Ranked Match) - (30 Points)
- Field Hospital - Get 500 revives (Ranked Match) - (40 Points)
- Warlord - Achieve Rank 30 (Ranked Match) - (40 Points)
- Soldier of Misfortune - Unlock field manuals for all weapons (Ranked match) - (40 Points)
- Mapper - Create a map and get it validated in all game modes - (10 Points)
- Adventurer - Download and rate 25 usermaps - (20 Points)
Far Cry 2 System Requirements
- CPU: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz, Pentium D 2.66 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or better
- Video card: NVIDIA 6800 or ATIX1650 or better; Shader Model 3 required; 256 MiByte video memory
- Memory: 1 GB
- Media reader: DVD-ROM
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Family, AMD64 X2 5200+, AMD Phenom oder besser
- Video card: NVIDIA 8600 GTS or better, ATIX1900 or better; 512 Mb video memory
- Memory: 2 GB
- Sound: 5.1 sound card recommended
- Media reader: DVD-ROM
Supported Video cards: NVIDIA 6800, NVIDIA 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 200 series. 8800M and 8700M supported for laptops. ATI X1650 - 1950 series , HD2000 series , HD3000 series , HD4000 series
- The Ubisoft Montreal dev team has tailor-made this new engine for Far Cry 2. It delivers the most realistic destructible environments, amazing special effects such as dynamic fire and storm effects, real-time day and night cycle, dynamic music system and non-scripted enemy A.I.
- Feel the heat of the most realistic fire ever seen in a video game! Use wind and propagation to surround and trap your enemies. Grab your Molotov cocktails or flamethrower and watch fire burn life out of all living beings. Discover and learn how to use this new amazing feature that brings a new dimension to the usual FPS gameplay.
- No more thinking about obstacles, everything is breakable and alterable, even in Multiplayer mode! The DUNIA engine's RealTree technology also delivers the most realistic nature deterioration system ever.
- Experience real freedom while roaming in more than 50km2 without any loading. Never a game has given you so much liberty! Discover Africa as if you were there thanks to amazing artistic research supported by next-gen technology to make it come to life!
- Discover war in its rawest form! Fight for two rival factions, choose your own path and make your way up to your primary target by any means necessary. Feel free to explore this gigantic world and discover everything it has to offer. Meet buddies and search for new weapons and vehicles!
- Next generation technology brings a brand new experience to Far Cry 2. Be surprised by medics dragging wounded soldiers into a safe place. Read fear in grunts' eyes as your reputation and in-game actions make them want to drop their guns and run for cover. Feel the tension of never knowing an enemies' reaction thanks to a non-scripted AI and remember, in Africa you are never really safe.
- Challenge your friends in Far Cry 2 but watch your back because you never know who your true friends are and who might betray you! All the single player technical features are present in multiplayer mode, what you destroy in SP, you destroy in MP. All the modes people love to play and much more!
Far Cry 2 will be released on Oct. 21 in North America, while Europe gets it Oct. 24th, 2008.
More articles about Far Cry 2