New features like Pick and Roll Control, Defensive Lockdown Control, Signature Playcalling and Quickstrike Ankle-Breakers will make the NBA Live experience fun from beginning to end. For those in need of some extra coaching, NBA Live 09 takes you to training camp with the NBA Academy that gives you a chance to hone your skills.
NBA Live 09 has rewritten the rules and fundamentally shifted the way you look at sports simulation games. Dynamic DNA emulates - with absolute precision - an NBA player in every sense of the word and it does so dynamically.
NBA Live 365 takes the statistical data of DynamicDNA and brings it to life. NBA Live 09 is now constantly evolving and authentically reflects what you see on the court in your virtual experience. Just like the real NBA game, players get injured, free agents sign late, great players go cold and no-names breakthrough. If you're a sports fan, this is a dream come true – NBA Live 09 is made fresh daily all season long.
A full playable demo of NBA Live 09 is now available on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace. Play as the Los Angeles Lakers or Boston Celtics and re-write history as you play out this legendary rivalry. Choose from current rosters, or replay one of two games from the 2007-2008 season using NBA Live Rewind that will emulate conditions of each game with absolute precision using Dynamic DNA.
Key Features :
- The brain behind the game is powered by Synergy Sports Technology , the premier analytics provider using NBA data for over 20 NBA teams, which evaluates Player DNA that breaks down how a player scores, Team DNA that rates how the players on the floor play as a unit and Tendencies that refer to the percentage a player drives left, right or shoots from each spot on the floor.
- NBA Live 365 takes it to a whole new level of connectivity, providing you an unprecedented level of authenticity and realism. Now every game truly is different powered by DynamicDNA data updating daily.
- Think you can do it better? Rewrite history and replay last night's game with the updated statistical data that recreates identical conditions including injuries, hot/cold streaks, tendencies and player DNA.
- This new two-man game mechanic lets you control both the ball handler and the screener, as you set screens and run two man plays, with on court instructions popping up to guide you through each play.
- Introducing an accessible in game playcalling system that pushes on-court visualization to guide you through the play. Linked to Live 365, this feature will suggest authentic plays for NBA's stars to run on the court.
- Get the most out of your game and hone your skills when you jump into game with an all-new practice facility.
- Force your defender to step up and guess what you'll do next. Trigger the turbo button and use the right analog stick for bold, responsive ball-handling moves to fake out your defender and create scoring opportunities.
- A new risk reward system to lock in your check on defense. Get in tight on a strong shooting guard to take away his shot, or play back to keep a quick point guard from blowing by you.
- With 24 national teams to choose from, you can compete in an international tournament using authentic FIBA rosters and teams, including, the United States, Spain, France, and more.
- All 10 players on the court can now be controlled by users on 10 different consoles around the world. Now the game outcome can be completely dependent on how you play as an online team.
- Create your own online league, with all-new drafting, trades and a single elimination playoff format.
- Feel what it's like to be a part of a team and lock in as one player – online using Online Team Play, or offline in single player mode. Let NBA Live give you feedback and track how well you are playing your position.
- Create your own highlight reel then upload the video to EA SPORTS World to prove your passion to the world.
NBA Live 09 is in development for the X360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, and will be in stores on October 7 in North America, and on October 14 worldwide.
More articles about NBA Live 09