The latest addition to the popular Ford licensed franchise will put players behind the wheel of 18 of the world’s toughest 4x4s, SUVs and off-road trucks, including the new 2009 Ford F150 FX4, and take them on a tour of 24 detailed tracks through deserts, water and ice. Ford Racing Off Road also marks the introduction of the prestigious Land Rover brand, synonymous like Ford, with a rich heritage of producing pioneering off road vehicles.
“Racing fans, off-road enthusiasts and gamers in general will be delighted by Ford Racing Off Road’s new terrains and rugged vehicles,” said Karim Farghaly, vice president of sales, Empire Interactive. “This new spin on our popular franchise gives players a new experience with all their favorite Ford-licensed game features.”
Ford Racing Off Road has a plethora of new and exclusive features that test players' high-speed driving skills. The fastest Ford Racing title to date comes with new real time, on-the-go damage repair and challenges players to find hidden routes and beat out opponents as they power-slide rugged 4x4s through three off-road environments - desert, water, and ice. Racers can power-up on their way to victory with repair pods, time extensions, artifacts, and cash as they speed through 12 race modes - Standard Race, Elimination, Time Attack, Overtake, Slalom, Checkpoint, Checkpoint Sprint, Seconds Out, Gold Rush, Gauntlet, Low Damage Race, and Expedition.
- 18 officially licensed Land Rover and Ford off road vehicles.
- 24 detailed tracks encouraging high speed racing.
- 3 off road environments, Desert, Water and Ice.
- Real time, on-the-go damage repair.
- Discover hidden routes to gain a racing advantage.
- Power sliding; throw powerful 4x4s around the tracks.
- In-game pickups: Discover repair pods, time extensions, artefacts & cash.
- Multi-player racing via split screen (PS2 – 2 players ) and Wi-Fi (PSP – 6 players).
- 12 race modes: Standard Race, Elimination, Time Attack, Overtake, Slalom, Checkpoint, Checkpoint Sprint, Seconds Out, Gold Rush, Gauntlet, Low Damage Race and Expedition.
- 2005 Defender 90 Station Wagon
- 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
- 2007 Discovery 3
- 2007 Freelander 2
- Range Stormer Concept
- SVX Concept
- 2008 Ford F-150 FX4 pickup
- 2008 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II
- 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford Escape
- 2008 Ford Explorer
- 2008 Ford Expedition
- 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Track
- Ford Bronco concept
- Ford Equator concept
- Ford Mighty F-350 concept
Ford Racing Off Road hits shelves on Sept. 16, 2008.
More articles about Ford Racing Off Road