Disciples III: Renaissance is the next title in the award winning Disciples series and represents a leap forward in the evolution of the turn-based RPG/strategy genre. Building on the successes of the first two games, DIII introduces a host of new features as well as the compelling gameplay that made the previous titles such hits.
As a Lord of one of the fantastical races of Nevendaar you must fight to restore your deity's rule over your world. There are three playable races to choose from; the Empire, the Elven Alliance and the notorious Legion of the Damned.
For the first time in the series the gloriously ominous and notoriously gloomy world of Disciples is rendered in full 3D, allowing the player to experience this realm as it should be. Disciples uses its own Virtual Dream engine to render the stunning 3D environments.
Dmitry Arkhipov, Vice-President of Development for Akella says: "Working on such a well known brand is big responsibility for us. We are confident that our new project, "Disciples III," will meet the expectations of the legendary series fans. We are going to develop the Disciples brand, invest in it heavily, and produce a really good game in best traditions of the series".
Stewart Braybrook, the executive director of Strategy First says: "We are satisfied with the signed agreement. We have received a fair offer from Akella. Upon fulfillment of the contract conditions, The Disciples brand will be transferred into very capable and reliable hands. We are confident that Akella has the capabilities and resources for further development of the "Disciples" series.
- Three playable races - The Empire, the Legions of the Damned and the Elven Alliance. Each race has its own unique units and city design.
- Cities, locations, units and other game assets are now represented in full 3D.
- Advances in the gameplay allow increased fluidity in multiplayer games and less downtime when playing alone.
- A new upgrade system allows the player to assign attributes to your leaders. This RPG system employs inventories and new stats and abilities.
- Visual representation of character's equipped armor, weapons and artifacts.
Release date: Q1 2009
More articles about Disciples III: Renaissance