Things On Wheels is an accessible, pure arcade title placing players at the helm of radio-controlled (“RC”) cars as they race through a gigantic Florida Art Deco house filled with “tracks” comprised of everyday household items – and more. Developed by experienced Xbox LIVE Arcade alumni Load Inc., ToW promises to deliver plenty of RC racing fun when released in summer 2008. ToW has also been confirmed for release on Windows-based PCs,
Races in ToW take place on nonlinear tracks that go from room to room in an expansive house. Normal, everyday objects become obstacles and hazards for player’s miniature vehicles to race through. Any challenge could have a player picking up speed in the straightaway of the foyer, dodging the searing coils of the electric stove, catching some air to clear a stack of magazines in the way, and thousands of other possibilities.
- ToW Go: Finish any race, any place, any rule. Yep, pretty much a given achievement! (5)
- ToW Champ: You must win the last race of the Citrus Cup (15).
- ToW Day: Read the last page of the blog (10).
- ToW Tunes: Run into the jukebox to turn it on in 'Get first or die trying' (15).
- Mad Crash: Find the Mad Tracks car in 'World of Wheels' and ram it (15).
- ToW fall: Race 'Shake your body', drive in the bidet and finish the race (15).
- ToW Hero: Race 'Wheel master' (3 laps) and win against 5 hard AI 4 times consecutively. Race rule! (20)
- ToW Star: Beat 58 seconds on one single lap of 'Gran ToWrismo'. Solo race rules! (40)
- ToW off: Rank in the top 10 of any 'against the clock' leaderboard (20)
- ToW Gether: Play a co-op race with a human player online or split screen (10).
- ToW Less: Win race 'RosWheel' without picking up any bonus (20).
- ToW for life: Complete 50 races lifetime (15).
It’s entirely possible that a championship could be won by taking the right path around a set of table legs, or cruelly lost by failing to avoid the searing heat of an electric heater. With huge scope for a variety of wildly entertaining courses, developers Load Inc. are promising to infuse Things On Wheels with as much radio-controlled racing mayhem as possible.
Developed by experienced Xbox LIVE Arcade alumni Load Inc., Things On Wheels promises to deliver plenty of radio-controlled racing fun when released in late 2008.
More articles about Things On Wheels