Dimensity Patch 1.1 release notes:
- Single Player
- Improved overall game performance.
- Fixed issue with loading music tracks. While loading a track there was a freeze for a short period of time.
- Fixed memory issues and game crashes.
- Resolved some interface issues when changing focus from different windows.
- General fixes concerning compatibility issues.
- Faster loading and starting of the game.
- Improved Multiplayer stability and performance.
- Fixed issues that caused crashes.
- Improved connectivity with Internet games.
- Fixed problems with Internet games from computers behind NAT devices.
The storyline in Dimensity take its place in original fantasy world created by the God of Light who banished the gods of chaos and darkness into a prison made by their own void. He created the inhabitants of the world including the races of the noble humans and the furious triends. But the Rivals of the God of Light managed to corrupt some men and entered the world bringing devastation upon it. The God of Light himself repelled them and changed the world forever to keep it safe.
The times where the story of the single player campaigns takes place are troubled. For more than 80 years the humans are in war with the triends and no side can prevail. After the king of the greatest human realm – The Empire, finds his death in the distant territories of the triends, a common hunter obeying his last orders takes a long and dangerous journey to the capital. It is a story of noble deeds and rising from a commoner to the title of knight and general of the empire's army.
The triend campaign reveals the events five years after the end of the human campaign. The triend lands are invaded by the humans and the situation soon becomes critical for their survival. One of the mightiest among them, although young, begins a glorious quest to gather the scattered triend forces and drive back the attackers. The two separate by the first look stories, begin to interweave in the end with breath taking final.
The unique game play features of Dimensity allow the players to choose from various combinations of skills and tactics and to have native game play suited to their individual style. Players interested in straight combat and item finding can immediately choose the challenge mode where to play without following some story plot. Besides there are two separate single player story driven campaigns which the fans of the classic role play and strategy games can follow. Those more interested in multi player engagements can find their place in Dimensity by developing a leader who can be transferred between multiplayer sessions and depending on the player’s skills to level the leader up and equip him with the most powerful weapons and armor. By combining a dangerous world, a brand new story and four unique races to choose from, players are guaranteed an enjoyable experience in every game play mode in Dimensity.
- two extensive single player campaigns on a variety of unique maps, with hundreds of quests, objectives and side missions.
- Play as either a mage or a fighter, with a great variety of combo attacks and magical spells. Command up to 16 NPC units to fight at your side and level with you.
- choose to either adventure through world of Dimensity, or decide to wage war and conquer enemies with the aid of NPC units
- challenging multiplayer mode with four playable races battling in PVP or coop mode
- gain experience and levels in both single and multiplayer mode
- all items, gold and experience earned in both gameplay modes will be carried by the player as long as he keeps winning
- various unlockable extra maps for a special challenge mode, featuring extremely difficult but highly rewarding missions
- NPC units feature a wide range of troop types, from ordinary swordsmen to flying transport ships
- Dimensity uses only one resource – gold - which must be looted from dungeons complexes beneath the battlefield
Dimensity is set for release on PC in the second quarter of 2008.
More articles about Dimensity