Legends of Norrath is the first online card game playable within the EverQuest and EverQuest II live MMO games. Launching from an in-game menu, or using a free SOE Station ID, players can challenge opponents on their game server, or across other EQ and EQII servers in both casual games and high-level tournaments.
In addition to player vs. player combat, Legends of Norrath is the complete online card gaming experience, featuring a sophisticated, re-playable AI system for single player campaigns, easy to use management tools and numerous Casual and Tournament game lobbies. Victory can be achieved by completing quests or reducing your opponent's health, enabling players to employ their own unique strategies for victory. The game also features a robust loot system; more than 30 loot items each for EQ and EQII will be available, including player mounts, potions, clothing and spells.
Dubbed Ethernauts, this set adds 280 new cards, including new light and shadow cards that add powerful deck customization, 20+ new loot cards for EverQuest® and EverQuest® II, and a new Starter Pack option that provides gamers with enough cards to build four starter decks for one low price.
“Ethernauts provides gamers the opportunity to play as the great heroes of Norrath,” said Scott Martins, director of development for SOE Denver. “This set will give players the whole story behind the events in the upcoming EverQuest II The Shadow Odyssey™ expansion launching in November. Ethernauts provides gamers the back story and history they need to fully unravel the mysteries of The Shadow Odyssey!”
This set kicks off the newest Legends of Norrath story arc, starting 4,000 years ago when void storms and terrible creatures threatened the very existence of Norrath. Only a handful of brave heroes, the Ethernauts, kept the world from extinction. Players will experience this epic story through Legends of Norrath, taking this knowledge into the present EverQuest II timeline, where strange void storms trouble Norrath once again.
Ethernauts features include:
- New Cards: More than 280 beautiful new cards, including 210 base set cards, 16 new quest cards and more than 30 promotional cards. Ethernauts also adds new unit races, including the Half-elves, the Centaurs and the Treants, as well as 4 new avatar cards.
- New Loot: Ethernauts adds 20+ new loot cards for EverQuest and EverQuest II, including rare and exotic items from the Void, as well as new mounts, cloaks, consumables and baubles.
- New Starter Options: Ethernauts marks the debut of a new Starter Pack, a single, larger pack of cards, capable of making four starter decks for $19.99, plus any applicable taxes. This Starter Pack will replace the individual starter decks for each set of this block, providing all the cards in a single, player-friendly package.
- New Gameplay: Theme your deck with new light/shadow cards that have powerful benefits and consequences. Ethernauts also introduces two new keywords, Fabled and Lookout, which offer new strategies and approaches for raids and one-on-one gameplay.
- New Scenarios: 10 new scenarios let the story of the Ethernauts unfold and allow players to fight against trolls, ogres and void beasts, culminating in an epic battle with Baron and Baroness V’Nol!
Starting next month, Ethernauts cards will be available via digital download from SOE’s Station Store in the new $19.99 Starter Pack and 15-card digital booster packs for $2.99, plus any applicable taxes per pack.
More articles about Legends of Norrath