Vault-Tec engineers have worked around the clock on an interactive reproduction of Wasteland life for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own vault. Included is an expansive world, unique combat, shockingly realistic visuals, tons of player choice, and an incredible cast of dynamic characters. Every minute is a fight for survival against the terrors of the outside world – radiation, Super Mutants, and hostile mutated creatures. From Vault-Tec, America’s First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation.
Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
Fallout 3 achievements (1000 points):
- Vault 101 Citizenship Award: Got the Pip-Boy 3000 (10)
- The G.O.A.T. Whisperer: Took the G.O.A.T. (10)
- Escape!: Completed "Escape!" (20)
- Following in His Footsteps: Completed "Following in His Footsteps" (20)
- Galaxy News Radio: Completed "Galaxy News Radio" (20)
- Scientific Pursuits: Completed "Scientific Pursuits" (20)
- Tranquility Lane: Completed "Tranquility Lane" (20)
- The Waters of Life: Completed "The Waters of Life" (20)
- Picking up the Trail: Completed "Picking up the Trail" (20)
- Rescue from Paradise: Completed "Rescue from Paradise" (20)
- Finding the Garden of Eden: Completed "Finding the Garden of Eden" (20)
- The American Dream: Completed "The American Dream" (20)
- Take it Back!: Completed "Take it Back!" (40)
- Big Trouble in Big Town: Completed "Big Trouble in Big Town" (20)
- The Superhuman Gambit: Completed "The Superhuman Gambit" (20)
- The Wasteland Survival Guide: Completed "The Wasteland Survival Guide" (20)
- Those!: Completed "Those!" (20)
- The Nuka-Cola Challenge: Completed "The Nuka-Cola Challenge" (20)
- Head of State: Completed "Head of State" (20)
- The Replicated Man: Completed "The Replicated Man" (20)
- Blood Ties: Completed "Blood Ties" (20)
- Oasis: Completed "Oasis" (20)
- The Power of the Atom: Completed "The Power of the Atom" (20)
- Tenpenny Tower: Completed "Tenpenny Tower" (20)
- Strictly Business: Completed "Strictly Business" (20)
- You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head: Completed "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head" (20)
- Stealing Independence: Completed "Stealing Independence" (20)
- Trouble on the Homefront: Completed "Trouble on the Homefront" (20)
- Agatha's Song: Completed "Agatha's Song" (20)
- Reilly's Rangers: Completed "Reilly's Rangers" (20)
- Reaver: Reached Level 8 with Bad Karma (10)
- Mercenary: Reached Level 8 with Neutral Karma (10)
- Protector: Reached Level 8 with Good Karma (10)
- Harbinger of War: Reached Level 14 with Bad Karma (20)
- Pinnacle of Survival: Reached Level 14 with Neutral Karma (20)
- Ambassador of Peace: Reached Level 14 with Good Karma (20)
- Scourge of Humanity: Reached Level 20 with Bad Karma (30)
- Paradigm of Humanity: Reached Level 20 with Neutral Karma (30)
- Last, Best Hope of Humanity: Reached Level 20 with Good Karma (30)
- Weaponsmith: Made one of every custom weapon (30)
- Doesn't Play Well with Others: Killed 300 people (20)
- Slayer of Beasts: Killed 300 creatures (20)
- Silver-Tongued Devil: Won 50 Speech Challenges (20)
- Data Miner: Hacked 50 terminals (20)
- Keys are for Cowards: Picked 50 locks (20)
- One-Man Scouting Party: Discovered 100 locations (20)
- Psychotic Prankster: Placed a grenade or mine while pickpocketing (10)
- The Bigger They Are…: Kill all the Super Mutant Behemoths
- Yes, I Play with Dolls: Collected 10 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads (10)
- Vault-Tec C.E.O.: Collected 20 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads (30)
Fallout 3 features one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Set more than 200 years following a nuclear war, you can create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of Washington, D.C however you choose. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland.
- Limitless Freedom! – Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! – Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation – the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- Fantastic New Views! – The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
- The Power of Choice! – Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast ‘Em Away With V.A.T.S.! –Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! – At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America’s First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation™. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Eye-Popping Prettiness!– Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant’s face.
Fallout 3 will be available in North America Oct. 28, while Europe gets it on Oct. 31, 2008.
More articles about Fallout 3