While gamers have been fast at work behind the Xbox 360 controller, the creators of Albion have been hard at work to bring Knothole Island to heroes worldwide on Jan. 13. Releasing over Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft points, Knothole Island will introduce all-new adventures in "Fable II"
In the latest installment of Lionhead Studio's Video Diary series, the developers reveal some of the challenges they faced in the final days of making "Fable II" and offer a sneak preview of Knothole Island. Senior Programmer Jonathan Shaw and fellow members of the team hint at the new quests, weapons, items and specialty shops available on this mysterious isle off the coast of Albion, as well as some of the quirky characters that inhabit it.
Also on Jan. 13, fans everywhere will be able to enhance their "Fable II" experience with a free content update exclusively available on Xbox Live Marketplace. The free update will grant players a handful of gifts from the fine people of Knothole Island and will enable those who haven't purchased Knothole Island downloadable content to continue the co-op action with their friends. Some of the fun items include: Knight's Boots, Assassins Gloves, a special Weight Loss Potion, a collectible silver book and more. The update will also enable players to check their standing in over 50 new Leaderboards on Lionhead.com.
Fable II title update fixes :
- The Ritual/Monk’s Quest – Fixed the issue with the Abbott becoming unresponsive if you leave Oakfield before he finishes talking. This will fix the problem if you’ve already hit it, too.
- Rescuing Charlie/Rescue My Baby – after rescuing Charlie, you can now able to interact with objects
- Guild Cave chest – resolves any issues with previously inability to retrieve items unlocked from Limited Collector’s Edition, website or Chicken Kickin’ game. If you’ve already hit this bug you should now get your items.
- The Spire (Pt2) – no more issues with ship captain being unresponsive
- The Hero of Skill (Pirate King) – you’ll no longer get stuck during Hero of Skill quest (Bloodstone)
- T.O.B.Y./Trouble In Bloodstone – you’ll no longer get stuck during T.O.B.Y. quests (Bloodstone)
- Your child - will no longer be chosen as an assassination target
- Furniture Shop in Albion (Bowerstone) will now always have something for sale
- Additional unspecified fixes
Knothole Island Features:
- Embark on 3 unique quests set in 3 unique dungeons.
- Unravel the mystical secrets of the resurrection shrine.
- Try on a whole new range of outfits and look like an armoured knight, an assassin, a barbarian or a leather-clad biker, among many others.
- Brandish 6 new weapons.
- Dozens of unique potions that will drastically alter your appearance.
- Customise your weapons the way you want with the new augment tool and a whole new array of augments.
- +50 additional leaderboards.
As an additional post-holiday treat for "Fable II" fans, Lionhead Studios and Microsoft Game Studios have created an all-new Knothole Island Premium Theme for the New Xbox Experience, available for 250 Microsoft points. Voyage over to Xbox LIVE Marketplace or Marketplace on the Web at www.xbox.com to download the theme and check out Video Diary Episode 8.
More articles about Fable II