The Lord of the Rings: Conquest (NDS/PS3/X360/PC)
In a partnership with New Line Cinema and The Saul Zaentz Company, The Lord of the Rings: Conquest builds on “The Lord of the Rings” universe of J.R.R. Tolkien as depicted by the Academy Award-winning films and thrusts players in to key moments of the story and on the frontlines of the epic battles.
“‘The Lord of the Rings’ experience is something our team has been passionate about delivering and we believe players will discover a Middle-earth experience like no other,” says Andrew Goldman, Pandemic Studios co-founder and general manager. “Starting today ‘The Lord of the Rings’ fans can choose to save The Shire or set to destroy it. Providing that level of control and freedom is something we are proud to offer.”
Created by the same team behind the best-selling Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Battlefront II titles, The Lord of the Rings: Conquest opens the fantasy world of Middle-earth giving players the choice to join the powers of good or the forces of evil, in the eternal struggle to control the One Ring.
“The Lord of the Rings: Conquest expands on the celebrated game play found in the Star Wars Battlefront series, on every level,” says Josh Resnick, co-founder and general manager at Pandemic Studios. “We developed a game that is fun, strategic and pushes the boundaries of the renowned lore.”
Players can choose to control their favorite heroes and villains including Aragorn, Gandalf, the Witch-king, the Balrog and even the Dark Lord Sauron. Players can also engage surrounding characters in the world such as wargs and oliphaunts, control catapults and balistas, and even play as giant creatures such as cave trolls and Ents. As well, fans can play through the campaign modes cooperatively via online or split-screen and relive their favorite battles competitively via four-player split-screen or online with up to 16 players.
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest for the Xbox 360, PS3, PC and NDS, is available today in North America and January 16, 2009 in Europe.
Developed by Renegade Kid, Moon is a story-driven sci-fi, action-adventure title for NDS. Moon places gamers on the cold lunar surface in the year 2058 where researchers are shocked to find a sealed, alien hatch during construction of a new lunar base. However, it is a shock that soon pales in comparison to what they find beyond the hatch.
You are Major Edward Kane, Chief of Military Operations for the Extra-Terrestrial Encounter Organization. You and your squad have been brought to the moon to investigate the strange occurrences that have been reported by the newly established series of lunar bases. Strange energy readings and reports of missing personnel tell you that this will not be a diplomatic mission, or an easy one.
Welcome to the Moon.
"Moon has come a long way since its initial unveiling as 'Project M' and we couldn't be happier with the end result," said Bill Swartz, Head Woof of Mastiff. "It was a labor of love and we hope that players enjoy its gripping story and fast-paced gameplay as much as we do."
"We are very proud of Moon at Renegade Kid; the team's dedication has really paid off. Working with an experienced partner like Mastiff, who is focused on producing quality products, has made the journey both fulfilling and enjoyable," states Jools Watsham, Owner and Creative Director of Renegade Kid.
- 15+ hours of adventure, a cinematic storyline and white-knuckle shooting action - all stretched across 24 heart-pounding episodes
- From the award winning developer, Renegade Kid (Dementium: The Ward). Features rich environments and robust FPS action delivered at a blistering 60 frames per second
- Brooding science-fiction storyline scripted by writers James McDonough and Adam Patyk of THE ENEMY (The Dark Knight, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare mobile game)
- Annihilate hostiles as you rip up the lunar landscape in your LOLA reconnaissance vehicle. Delve into the moon's darkest corners by taking control of the Remote Access Droid
- From the ETEO standard Super Assault Rifle to the alien-based Oxid Cannon and Fermion Sniper Rifle. Over 7 different types of weaponry are at your disposal
- Uncover hidden alien artifacts that will unlock bonus content and new gameplay modes
- Various levels of difficulty to test your skill and reward the truly hardcore
- Plug in a pair of headphones and insert the Nintendo DS Rumble Pak for the most engrossing experience.
Mirror's Edge (PC)
Players who purchase the PC version of the game will also receive a free copy of the Mirror's Edge remix album. The album features the popular title track "Still Alive" performed by Swedish rock/pop star Lisa Miskovsky and remixes by some of today's hottest artists including Benny Benassi, Paul van Dyk and Armand Van Helden.
DICE also confirmed today that downloadable content (DLC) for the PS3, the Xbox 360 and the PC will be available January 29th. This special DLC pack will challenge players to achieve the fastest times possible on nine races across seven all-new and totally redesigned Time Trial maps. The DLC pack will be available for $10 USD or 800 Microsoft points.
Mirror's Edge isa unique first-person action adventure where players are introduced to Faith, a 'runner' in a world where communication channels are highly monitored and the movement of information is closely watched. When Faith's sister gets framed for murder, Faith finds herself on the edge of the city, on the wrong side of the law. The PC version of the game uses the NVIDIA PhysX physics engine to bring the world of Mirror's Edge to life with real-world visual effects of wind, weapons impact, and free-motion movements.
Gamers can download the free demo available now at the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace. The demo features a tutorial of the game, a segment of the single-player story mode and sections of the addictive Time Trial mode.
Mirror's Edge, rated "T" for Teen, is currently available for the PS3, X360 and PC in North America and will ship worldwide on Jan. 16, 2009.
Hotel for Dogs (NDS/Wii/PC)
Following the movie, the Hotel for Dogs video game takes players into the old hotel to help two siblings, Andi and Bruce, feed and entertain an adorable collection of canines by building amazing gadgets, playing with the pooches and keeping the dogs happy in their new hotel home. Navigating through 10 levels of fun and challenging game play, players must accomplish various goals to keep their beloved canines healthy and amused. Players will even explore the areas outside of the hotel as they attempt to locate and rescue additional pups in need of some major TLC.
Distributed by Paramount Pictures, the live-action “Hotel for Dogs” stars Emma Roberts, Jake T. Austin, Lisa Kudrow, Kevin Dillon and Don Cheadle in a smart, funny comedy adventure that shows how far love and imagination can take you.
Key Features :
- Experience what you see in the movie. Hotel for Dogs features the likenesses and voices of the movie’s two young stars, Emma Roberts and Jake T. Austin, and dozens of the dogs and the hotel seen in the live-action feature film
- Dogs. Lots and lots of dogs. Feed, groom and play with dozens of adorable playful pups seen in the movie
- Challenging game play. Navigate through 10 levels of challenging and exciting game play; each level requiring players to complete three basic goals to keep the lovable dogs happy
- Wacky gadgets. Search for parts and tools to build more than a dozen amazing gadgets that help players take care of and entertain the dogs
- Cold-hearted dog catchers. Save your furry friends from the mean dog catcher and rescue pups from the pound
- Monitor moods, use commands. Monitoring the dogs’ moods can help keep them happy – moods include hungry, play, bathroom, sick, hot, thirsty, brush, cold and upset; using real-life commands – such as sit, stay and fetch – players can help address the dogs’ moods
- Alley exploration and rescues. Players venture outside the hotel to rescue lost dogs in the side alleyways and bring them back to the hotel
Hotel for Dogs, rated “E” for Everybody, is available at retailers around the U.S. for the Wii/PC ($39.99) and for the NDS ($29.99).