While gamers have been fast at work behind the Xbox 360 controller, the creators of Albion have been hard at work to bring Knothole Island to heroes worldwide on Jan. 13. Releasing over Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft points, Knothole Island will introduce all-new adventures in "Fable II"
In the latest installment of Lionhead Studio's Video Diary series, the developers reveal some of the challenges they faced in the final days of making "Fable II" and offer a sneak preview of Knothole Island. Senior Programmer Jonathan Shaw and fellow members of the team hint at the new quests, weapons, items and specialty shops available on this mysterious isle off the coast of Albion, as well as some of the quirky characters that inhabit it.
Also on Jan. 13, fans everywhere will be able to enhance their "Fable II" experience with a free content update exclusively available on Xbox Live Marketplace. The free update will grant players a handful of gifts from the fine people of Knothole Island and will enable those who haven't purchased Knothole Island downloadable content to continue the co-op action with their friends. Some of the fun items include: Knight's Boots, Assassins Gloves, a special Weight Loss Potion, a collectible silver book and more. The update will also enable players to check their standing in over 50 new Leaderboards on Lionhead.com.
- Embark on 3 unique quests set in 3 unique dungeons.
- Unravel the mystical secrets of the resurrection shrine.
- Try on a whole new range of outfits and look like an armoured knight, an assassin, a barbarian or a leather-clad biker, among many others.
- Brandish 6 new weapons.
- Dozens of unique potions that will drastically alter your appearance.
- Customise your weapons the way you want with the new augment tool and a whole new array of augments.
- +50 additional leaderboards.
As an additional post-holiday treat for "Fable II" fans, Lionhead Studios and Microsoft Game Studios have created an all-new Knothole Island Premium Theme for the New Xbox Experience, available for 250 Microsoft points. Voyage over to Xbox LIVE Marketplace or Marketplace on the Web at www.xbox.com to download the theme and check out Video Diary Episode 8.
More articles about Fable II