In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes. In this seemingly utopian paradise, a crime has been committed and now you are being hunted. You are a Runner called Faith - and this innovative first-person action-adventure is your story.
Mirror’s Edge delivers you straight into the shoes of this unique heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat and fast paced chases. With a never before seen sense of movement and perspective, you will be drawn into Faith’s world. A world that is visceral, immediate, and very dangerous. Live or die? Soar or plummet? One thing is certain, in this city, you will learn how to run.
Mirror's Edge delivers players straight into the shoes of this modern day heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat, fast-paced chases and challenging puzzles. With a never-before-seen sense of movement and perspective, players are drawn into Faith's world.
Players will be challenged to achieve the fastest times possible on nine races across seven all-new and totally redesigned Time Trial maps. No guns, no cops, and no city: this is true aesthetics, agility and flow that will challenge any runner. This special DLC pack will be available Jan. 29, 2009 for $10 USD (PS3/PC) or 800 Microsoft points (X360). As an added bonus, all PS3 Mirror's Edge fans will be able to download an additional map for free.
Time Trial mode challenges players to find the fastest route across the rooftops and through the streets. Players can upload their best time to the Mirror's Edge leaderboards for their friends to download and compete against. Players can see their friend's 'ghost' run as they race their way through the course to the top of the leaderboards.
Key Features :
- A young woman without a home until she is taken in and trained by the Runners. Your incredible gifts allow you to swiftly navigate the city while eluding those who would try to stop you.
- Heights create vertigo, movements flow naturally, collisions are felt realistically, and muscles and tendons strain as you chase and are chased throughout the city.
- Perform amazing acrobatic moves from below street level, through buildings, and up to the dizzying heights of hyper real skyscrapers as you face off against your enemies or run for your life.
- An exciting mix of chase, intense combat, strategy and puzzles draw you into a world like never before.
Preliminary System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP or Vista
- CPU: Pentium 4 at 2.4 GHz / Athlon 64 2800+
- RAM: 1GB
- Gfx card: GeForce 6 Series with 256MB VRAM or higher, or ATI X1650 (or HD2400)
Mirror's Edge, developed by EA DICE, is currently available worldwide for PS3 and Xbox 360, while the PC version will ship in North America on Jan. 13, and worldwide on Jan. 16, 2009.
More articles about Mirror's Edge