Hack, slash, and smash your way to victory in this red-hot arcade adventure from the award-winning development studio, The Behemoth! Featuring hand-drawn characters, Castle Crashers® delivers unique hi-res illustrated visuals like nothing you've ever seen before.
Play with up to three friends locally or over Xbox Live and discover the mind-boggling magic and mystery in the amazing world we have created just for you. Save your princess, defend your kingdom, and crash some castles! Play with more than 20 unlockable characters, 40 weapons to customize your hero, and an arsenal of combos and magical attacks to choose from.
The Castle Crashers: King Pack includes :
- two new playable characters (the Open Faced Grey Knight and the leader of the fearless knights)
- party-healing spell (King's Heal)
- three new weapons (the Gold Sword, etc)
- a seal animal orb named Pelter
The Castle Crashers: King Pack will be downloadable through Xbox Live on Wed. Jan. 14, 2009 for 160 Microsoft Points ($2).
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock new combos and magical attacks as your character progresses through the game. You have an almost limitless amount of combos to perform alone, or with a group of friends.
- Arena mode: This mode allows players to battle each other head-on with four unique modes to choose from!
- Experience system: As you fight your way through the various levels of Castle Crashers, your character gains more experience points that will in return give you the option to adjust your four main stats -- Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Weapons weapons weapons! Each player has the ability to unlock more than 40 weapons.
- Animal orbs: These little companions add enhancements to your attributes. Each pet has different abilities to benefit you, with various ways of unlocking each one. Defeat a boss and steal his companion, dig them up, or buy them at a store.
- Treasure hunt: Unlockable items, weapons, pet companions, and characters are buried throughout the various levels of Castle Crashers.
- Stores: Spread across the various worlds of Castle Crashers, every store has specific items to sell. Collect gold from killing enemies, finding treasures, or opening chests, then take your collected gold to these stores for some weapons, items, character unlocks, and more!
Castle Crashers Achievements
- Kay Eye Ess Ess: Collect all 4 princesses' kisses in a multiplayer game (15 points).
- Traditional: Complete the game using any character (20 points).
- The Traitor: Defeat any boss by playing one of his own minions (20 points).
- Deer Trainer: Navigate the Abandoned Mill without hitting any obstacles (20 points).
- Conscientious Objector: Complete the Home Castle through Barbarian Boss areas without attacking any foes (20 points).
- Maximum Firepower: Using a catapult, fling a knight with maximum power (10 points).
- Animal Handler: Collect all the animals (20 points)
- Arena Master: Win 40 Arena Ranked Matches (15 points).
- Glork: Win 20 All You Can Quaff Ranked Matches (15 points).
- Melee Is Best: Defeat any boss without using any magic (15 points).
- Treasure Hunter: Find and dig up ten buried items (20 points).
- Medic!: In a 4 player game, resuscitate each of your fallen comrades at least once (10 points).
The Behemoth's Castle Crashers is currently available worldwide for 1200 Microsoft Points ($15).
More articles about Castle Crashers