“Lips” is the only singing game that offers wireless motion-sensitive microphones and the ability to sing from your own music collection of DRM-free songs.* Start channeling your favorite pop star because it’s you, your friends and most important your music that turns “Lips,” the new singing game for Xbox 360, into the world’s ultimate party experience this holiday season.
Keiichi Yano, celebrated developer behind some of the industry’s most beloved rhythm games, brings his vision of collaborative and social musical entertainment to “Lips.” The first and only singing game that offers interactive motion-sensitive microphones to make your party rock all night long, “Lips” encourages players to toss apprehensions out the window and join the party.
Single songs, including hits from Fall Out Boy, The Pussycat Dolls and The Cardigans will be available for purchase for between 160 and 180 Microsoft points each. The new offerings will boost the number of songs available on “Lips” to well over 70 by the end of the month. Fans can expect the title’s library to continue to expand throughout 2009 with new songs, videos and content announced regularly – just because the holidays are over, doesn’t mean the party has to stop!
Available on January 16
- When I Grow Up – The Pussycat Dolls (160 MS Points)
- You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ – The Righteous Brothers (180 MS Points)
- Erase/Rewind – The Cardigans (160 MS Points)
Available on January 23
- Hate That I Love You – Rihanna feat. Ne-Yo (180 MS Points)
- Thnks fr th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy (160 MS Points)
- Look What You’ve Done – Jet (160 MS Points)
Available on January 30
- Sunday Morning – Maroon 5 (160 MS Points)
- Take A Bow – Rihanna (180 MS Points)
- Water Runs Dry – Boyz II Men (160 MS Points)
- a-ha - “Take on Me”
- Nirvana - “In Bloom”
- Alicia Keys - “No One”
- Peter Bjorn and John - “Young Folks”
- Aly & AJ - “Potential Break Up Song”
- Queen - “Another One Bites the Dust”
- Avril Lavigne - “Complicated”
- R.E.M. - “The One I Love”
- Ben E. King - “Stand by Me”
- Radiohead - “Fake Plastic Trees”
- Beyoncé - “Irreplaceable”
- The Ramones - “I Wanna Be Sedated”
- Blondie - “Call Me”
- Rascal Flatts - “Stand”
- Chris Brown - “With You”
- Rihanna - “Umbrella”
- Coldplay - “Yellow”
- Roxette - “Listen to Your Heart”
- Depeche Mode - “Personal Jesus”
- Sara Bareilles - “Love Song”
- Destiny’s Child - “Survivor”
- Sheryl Crow - “Soak Up the Sun”
- Dido - “White Flag”
- Taylor Swift - “I’m Only Me When I’m With You”
- Duffy - “Mercy”
- The Bangles - “Walk Like an Egyptian”
- Duran Duran - “Hungry Like the Wolf”
- The Fray - “Over My Head (Cable Car)”
- John Denver - “Take Me Home, Country Roads”
- The Jackson 5 - “ABC”
- Johnny Cash - “Ring of Fire”
- The Police - “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”
- Leona Lewis - “Bleeding Love”
- The Raveonettes - “Love in a Trashcan”
- Lil’ Mama - “Lip Gloss”
- Trace Adkins - “Ladies Love Country Boys”
- Lupe Fiasco (featuring Matthew Santos) - “Superstar”
- Weezer - “Island in the Sun”
- Maroon 5 - “Makes Me Wonder”
- Young MC - “Bust a Move”
- Party Games. “Lips” has a variety of gameplay modes that will appeal to the gamer in all of us and possibly spark a little competition, while allowing you to experience and interact with your music in fun, new ways:
- Kiss is the epitome of singing and flirting your way to a sweet reward, where duos who hit the notes and gestures together meet in the middle to share a kiss. Are you a match?
- Vocal Fighters appeals to the competitor in all of us by pitting singers in one-on-one competition to win the most fans and boot one another off the stage. It’s a sing-off!
- Time Bomb is a cooperative mode where players work together to perform well and stave off a time bomb. The clock is ticking!
- Music videos. “Lips” has a variety of engaging music videos that enhance the game outside the original videos included with most songs:
- Virtual Music Videos. The more you get into your performance, the better the video. An in-game virtual music video will enhance your performance because the screen will mirror your moves and the characters will lip-sync along with you.
- Custom Music Videos. These unique, quirky videos add a humorous element to your routine and provide a music video for songs that may not have one.
- Freestyle Mode. “Lips” also allows you to use digital rights management-free songs from your own music collection when singing or playing any of the Party Games. Sing along to your music collection and play up your gestures to add to your score, while a virtual music video accompanies your performance. It is as simple as plugging in your compatible MP3 player. Lyrics will not display for songs from your music collection. For a list of compatible music players, visit http://www.xbox.com/lips.
- Play along. In addition to using the two mics as instruments, four of your friends can join in using the standard Xbox 360 Controller and choose from a variety of percussion accompaniment to play along with the music in “Lips.”
- Download new songs. For those who like what they see and crave more, “Lips” will also have a regular flow of downloadable content available for purchase via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, starting at game launch. Love Estelle’s “No Substitute Love”? It is there. You can get it and the latest tracks to continually update your “Lips” experience.
- Split parts. Co-op Mode in “Lips” is designed to more accurately reflect songs that feature multiple vocalists. This gameplay mode enhances the experience by showing the lyrics and melody to all parts, helping turn a singing duo into a professional act.
“Lips” is rated “T” for Teen and will be available mid-November in all major retail stores nationwide.
More articles about Lips