The Mastermind Deluxe Edition is a AAA-quality turn-based strategy game that sets players in the world of organized crime, boasting rich graphics and improved gameplay, offers three game modes: an easy mode for relaxed gameplay, a normal mode, and a hard mode, which remains as challenging as the original Mastermind.
The Mastermind is perfect for those who have always wanted to experience the life as a gangster and control a criminal empire dealing in smuggling, gambling, illegal guns and liquor, spying and violence. The game provides a player with the gangsters to hire and manage; each criminal specializes in a specific field such as demolitions, stealth and more. As a mastermind, a player organizes crimes, manages business and tries to gain a reputation as a law-abiding citizen.
A player starts out by controlling two thugs, who execute various criminal activities, increasing wealth and power of the player. These crimes are the first steps in building a powerful criminal empire. A player runs his empire, hiring gangsters, handing out orders, smuggling drugs and guns and buying businesses, including banks, hotels, night clubs, restaurants and casinos. To ensure that nothing prevents the empire from flourishing, a player has to grease the palms of police officers in order to evade investigation or donate to local charities to avoid public suspicion. To help a player manage the empire, The Mastermind introduces an Assistant, who keeps an eye on the business rivals and provides timely advice.
The Mastermind offers three ways of winning the game:
- Playing monopoly, by buying all the businesses that generate income and positive Wealth points, monopolizing the market;
- As King of the Hill, by defeating rival masterminds. A player plans Gang Wars to weaken the rivals and uses his gangsters to assassinate the masterminds when they are unprotected;
- Achieving Maximum Wealth, by obtaining 15, 000 Wealth points. A player tries to minimize Wealth loss and gain extra points buying luxury items and running legitimate businesses only.
- But no matter which way a player chooses, he should get ready for the truly engaging gaming experience!
- Hire gangsters to execute various crimes
- The option to purchase more than 50 businesses-- each with their own unique advantages and disadvantages
- Smuggle drugs and guns
- Fight gang wars with against vicious artificial intelligence
- Bribe the police
- Buy luxury items, including: sport cars, mansions and masterpiece paintings
- Play blackjack at the casino
- Multiple ways to win the game -- or to lose it!
The Mastermind Deluxe Edition supports WinXP, Vista, WinME and Windows 2000, is currently available as digital download and costs only 9.99 USD.
More articles about The Mastermind