Each Tyranid is a living weapon, perfectly adapted to its designated function, but each creature is no more than a single cell in a galactic entity governed by a monstrous Hive Mind. As the Tyranid hive fleets drift through space they strip all life from the worlds in their path, leaving nothing but scoured rock in their wake…
“Now that Dawn of War II has gone Gold, this multiplayer Beta will allow us to get a head start on balancing our multiplayer gameplay in time for launch,” said Mark Noseworthy, Dawn of War 2 producer, Relic. “We are committed to supporting our community and refining the multiplayer experience for years to come, and this beta lets us prepare now for future game updates to our already awesome multiplayer suite.”
Using a valid Soulstorm CD key, gamers can go to www.steamgames.com, create an account and get exclusive access the multiplayer beta. Full instructions for accessing the beta are below. The beta features five multiplayer maps and all four of the game’s playable races: the Space Marines, Orks, Eldar and for the first time ever in the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series, Tyranids.
Starting January 28, the beta will be opened to the public worldwide via Steam as well as Microsoft’s Games for Windows® – Live Marketplace.
- To access the DoW II Beta, first log into your Steam account.
- If you do not currently have a Steam account, go here to download, install, and create an account
- After you are logged in to Steam, go to Games > Activate a product, then enter your Soulstorm key.
- After the activation, you'll be able to download and play the beta
Dawn of War II multiplayer will feature four playable races, twelve unique multiplayer heroes, five multiplayer maps, 240 online ranks to achieve, 110 visual armor upgrades, and 90 pieces of hero wargear. Throughout the multiplayer modes, any race combinations can be on the same team.
- Automatch: All games are victory point win conditions; you can win by victory points or by destroying the enemy base.
- Head to head
- 3 vs. 3 team games
- Custom Games: Custom games can be any size up to 3v3 and can be played on Live or on LAN. Custom games can be played with either victory point or annihilate only win conditions.
…In the war zones of Warhammer 40,000, the Tyranids are instinctive masters of swarm-tactics and close combat. Frequently appearing by the thousands across untold numbers of world, they always outnumber their opponents, a fact that often guarantees their victory. Each Tyranid is equipped with diamond-hard rending claws, razor-sharp teeth, and a variety of other bio-weapons suited to both close quarters fighting and ranged attacks. What’s even more fearsome are the monstrous creatures striding through a Tyranid swarm like Carnifexes and Hive Tyrants, true behemoths who tower over even the largest of tanks and mechanised units. In total, the Tyranids are a cold and brutal opponent to face. Even the best warriors in the galaxy can only hope to stall the Tyranids’ advance.
THQ is pleased to announce that gamers purchasing copies of the recently released Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm will be able to participate in an invitation-only multiplayer beta program for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II set to take place at a future date.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Achievements (1000 points):
- There Is Only War - Terminate 500 Enemy Targets. - 25G
- Death from Above - Kill 20 enemies using Assault Jump. - 10G
- Sweeping Advance - Kill an emey who is retreating. - 10G
- Emperor's Champion - Kill a boss using only your Force Commander. - 10G
- Lightning Assassin - Kill a boss in less than one minute. - 10G
- Welcome to Calderis - Complete "Stand With Your Brothers" and "Retake the Hamlet." - 15G
- Rant All You Will - Complete "The True Enemy." - 30G
- The Cleansing Begins - Complete "The Defense of Argus Gate." - 30G
- Astronomical! - Recover the data from the Astronomic Array. - 30G
- Even In Death I Still Serve - Complete "Into the Hive." - 30G
- Heroes of Angel Gate - Complete "Secrest of Angel Forge." - 30G
- Fight to Survive - Complete Campaign on Recruit difficulty. - 40G
- Hold back the Xenos - Complete Campaign on Sergeant difficulty. - 40G
- Win the War - Complete Campaign on Captain difficulty. - 40G
- Allies to the Cause - Complete a mission in co-op mode. - 10G
- Allies to the Chapter - Complete 15 mission in co-op. - 25G
- Battle Brothers - Complete the Campaign in Co-op. - 50G
- Dug In - Successfully defend 5 Strategic Assets. - 10G
- Massacre - Complete 10 missions in a row without failing. - 10G
- Not one inch. - Defend a province without losing a single generator. - 10G
- That's Close Enough - Complete a mission with only ranged weapons. - 10G
- Rush 'em - Complete a mission under five minutes. - 10G
- Purge the Xenos - Earn a 5 star Fury rating. - 10G
- Feel No Pain - Earn a 5 star Resilience rating. - 10G
- Fleet of Foot - Earn a 5 star Speed rating - 10G
- The Book of Honor - Get 15 stars on one mission. - 10G
- Fast Attack - Gain a second deployment in a single day. - 15G
- Tireless warrior - Gain a third deployment in a single day. - 15G
- Hero of the Imperium - Attain a Campaign Score of over 30,000 points. Earnable in Single Player and by the host in Co-Op. - 25G
- Legend - Attain a Campaign Score of over 90,000 points. Earnable in Single Player and by the host in Co-Op. - 25G
- In the name of the Emperor - Own all Strategic Assets in a Campaign. Earnable only in Single Player and by the host in Co-Op. - 20G
- Elite - Max out a Combat Discipline on a squad. Earnable in Single Player and by the host in Co-Op. - 10G
- Heavy Support - Reach Level 20 with one of your Squads. Earnable in Single Player and by the host in Co-Op. - 10G
- Elite Strike Force - Create a 3 Player Party and Play a Ranked Multiplayer Game together. - 10G
- Gladiator - Play 10 Ranked Multiplayer Games. - 25G
- Wisdom of the Ancients - View a recorded game. - 10G
- Veteran Victor - 100 ranked wins. - 30G
- Aspect Warrior - 20 online ranked games completed with Eldar. - 20G
- Angel of Death - 20 online ranked games played with Space Marines. - 20G
- A proper Waaagh! - 20 online ranked games completed with Orks. - 20G
- Great Devourer - 20 online ranked games completed with Tyranid. - 20G
- Hail the Champion - Earn Champion rating 20 times during online ranked play. - 25G
- Master of the Apothecarion - Revive your teammates 50 times during online ranked play. - 30G
- Winning rush - Earn a 5 game Win streak during online ranked play. - 20G
- Flawless victory - Achieve an online ranked victory with 500 victory points remaining. - 20G
- Red Ones Go Fastah! - Create a Customized look for any race in the Army Painter. - 5G
- Crush the Enemy - Complete Campaign on Primarch difficulty. - 40G
- The Warboss - Complete "Raid Against the Warboss." - 30G
- The Avatar of Khaine - Complete "The Wailing Doom." - 30G
More articles about Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II