The LittleBigPlanet experience starts with players learning about their character's powers to interact physically with the environment. There are obstacles to explore, bits and pieces to collect and puzzles to solve -- requiring a combination of brains and collaborative teamwork. As players begin to explore, their creative skills will grow and they will be ready to start creating and modifying their surroundings -- the first step to sharing them with the whole community.
Characters have the power to move anything in this glued and stitched- together 3D landscape; they have the power to design, shape and build both objects and entire locations for others to view and play. There's no complicated level editor; all of these skills can be learned by simply playing the game. Creativity is part of the gameplay experience and playing is part of the creative experience. Players can make their world as open or as secretive to explore as they like. When it's ready, they can invite anyone within the LittleBigPlanet community to come and explore their patch -- or can go and explore everybody else's.
In order to make up for this disappointment, Molecule thought you might like to see all the new content they've got lined up to come out between next week and the end of February.
To get the new year started in the right way Molecule've got matching Sackboy and Sackgirl Chinese New Year outfits which will be available for free next week to help you celebrate the year of the Ox. At the same time you can also dress up as the world famous Groundhog in a bid to predict the length of winter. When February rolls around you'll have no excuse for forgetting to buy a card as a special Valentine's Day pack containing 12 stickers and some themed costume pieces for your Sackperson will be released. Each of these downloads will be available for a limited time, so grab them while they're hot!
God of War Costumes and Stickers
If you missed out on the pre-order offers to get hold of Kratos and the God of War content pack here's another chance to get hold of an all time classic Sackboy costume. Inside the pack you'll find Medusa and Minotaur costumes and a bunch of themed stickers to help you recreate ancient Greece in your game.
In February why not pick up the pace and splash out on the WipEout content pack. Containing the WipEout costume kit and plenty of stickers to add some flavour to your game this is a very cool pack indeed.
Please note all these dates may change, but we'll announce what is coming, and when each week.
- There's not just one way to play. Players craft their own individual experience
- Unlimited possibilities for user-created content -- players can customize everything: their characters, the landscape around them and their own patch on LittleBigPlanet
- Players discover and win new skills and items to aid them on their creative journey
- Initial levels will be provided -- endless others will be user-generated on a global scale. LittleBigPlanet will change every day as players contribute their own levels
- Online and offline multiplayer modes -- play alone, work as a team or get competitive
- LittleBigPlanet global community for players to get involved with: includes player comments, rankings and easy communication with new and existing friends
More articles about LittleBigPlanet