Feel the adrenaline course through your veins as you take to the road for the first time in Paradise City, where the action is all around you. Explore the city, discover events, and look for the best opportunities to crash, jump and pull signature takedowns. In Burnout Paradise you’re given the keys to the city, but it’s up to you to earn the keys to the meanest and most dangerous cars on the street, and earn your Burnout licence.
With true open world freedom, seamless 'EasyDrive' online multiplayer, four unique single-player events, and hundreds of online Freeburn challenges, Burnout Paradise thrusts gamers into an incredibly vivid HD world that pushes the limits of the PS3 and Xbox 360. The white knuckle action explodes as players pull up at any stoplight and spin their wheels to jumpstart the action.
Spectacular bone-crushing crashes and an unparalleled sense of speed will always be a hallmark of Burnout games but Burnout Paradise ups the ante with an all new game design that expands the experience into a deeper, ever more immersive driving dream.
FREE Feb 6, 2009 Update Details:
- In-Game Store
- The first change you'll notice (if you're on Playstation 3 or PC) is that we're now using in-game browser to bring something we're calling the Criterion Games Network. More on this next week! The next major addition is our in-game store. You'll be able to easily buy new content, like the Party Pack, without leaving the comfort of Burnout Paradise. Just head for either the Main Menu or the Easydrive Menu. We'll add the Legendary Cars, Boost Specials, Toy Cars, Island and more (!), as they become available.
- Vehicle dynamics overhaul
- The vehicle handling has undergone it's most substantial overhaul since Burnout Paradise was first released. We’ve tweaked the handling on the first available cars, like the Hunter Cavalry, to make the game easier and more accessible. These cars are now slower, harder to crash and less likely to spin out at low speeds. This’ll help any newcomers get into the game, but it also delivers greater variety between the early cars to the faster, more challenging later ones.
- Burnout Paradise – easy to play but hard to master!
- We’ve changed the way we display the performance of the cars in the junkyard. You can now easily compare cars and see that with the rebalanced handling, they’re more varied across the whole range. Again, we’re aiming for a more fun and accessible experience. And on the subject of the junkyard, you can now filter what you see there. Pick between cars or bikes and when our Legendary Cars, Toy Cars and Boost Specials arrive in the near future they’ll also be easier to pick out.
- Stunt Run Timer Reinvented
- Fans of Stunt Run will now appreciate that the countdown timer now starts to count down more slowly. If you’ve never played before, it’ll be easier to pick up. For experts, it’ll counts down faster depending on how many multipliers you’ve earned. It’s just one of a stack of minor changes designed to rebalance and tweak the game for your enjoyment.
- Rebalanced Events
- We’ve modified the difficulty of all events. The speeds of the rival cars and Burning Route times have been changed to accommodate new car speeds.
- Road Rage Tweaked
- We’ve changed the way the timer works in Road Rage– you no longer get time added when you’ve hit the target number of cars. This means the game has a clearer end point and restricts crazy scores to later Road Rages, making it more challenging for experts – see if you can reach 100+ now! It’s been streamlined.
- Vibrant Visuals
- Paradise City is filled with a whole world of objects waiting to be discovered. We wanted to make it a little easier to spot them, so we’ve modified the colours of the Billboards (red) and Smashes (yellow) and Super Jumps (blue). They also now pulse for added visibility. We’ve also overhauled the lighting to bring you more vibrant visuals. We wanted to make it easier to see at night and give everything a more vibrant feel with brighter, more saturated Burnout color.
- Restart is in
- You ask – we deliver. Restart is in! You can now quit or fail an event and choose to restart it. You’ll be transferred to the start location ready for action. We’ve always enjoyed the feeling of freedom that Paradise City’s open world delivers, but we appreciate that as you run low on events towards the end of the game, you can spend a little too long in transit.
- Barrel Rolls for Beginners
- And last but not least, we’ve transformed the way barrel rolls work in Burnout Paradise. Hit a split-ramp and barrel rolls now automatically right themselves. It means new players can pull off flash moves immediately, but nothing changes for all you experts out there. You can still risk multiple rolls by pushing the right stick in the direction of the roll.
This update does not include the Party Pack, which is our first ever paid-for content - a premium pack that turns Burnout Paradise into a fun party game for when you've got your friends round and you all want to play on the same TV. Party will also be available on 5th February.
Key Features :
- True Open World Freedom - The entire city will be available from the outset, giving players the freedom to explore this immersive world known as Paradise City. Experience open world driving Burnout style as the action begins with you, but it doesn't have to end.
- EasyDrive Online Social Gaming - See your friends online with the EasyDrive Friends List and connect with them instantly without having to wait or exit your game. Burnout Paradise is revolutionizing the way players jump on and offline, making it as simple and quick as possible.
- Single-player Events - Choose from Race, Marked Man, Road Rage, and Stunt by pulling up to the numerous stoplights in the game to initiate the event. The action isn't forced any longer, as players have the freedom to start and even end a challenge at their leisure.
Burnout Paradise will have you feeling every bump, crash, scrape, and collision using Sony's new Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller with rumble feature for the PS3. The EasyDrive online Friends List keeps the action flowing on the PS3, as players get into a challenge with three easy taps of a button. Once the competition heats up, players can grab snapshots as they rip through opponents and collect candid Mugshots of friends and foes alike using the PlayStation Eye. The Xbox 360 version of the game features Mugshots using Xbox LIVE Vision.
Burnout Paradise, rated E10+ by the ESRB and 3+ by PEGI, is currently available worldwide on PS3 and Xbox 360.
More articles about Burnout Paradise