Stormrise offers fans of the classic RTS genre an immersive and dramatic twist whilst challenging the conscience of the gamer. Experience the heat of the battlefield by leading your troops from the front line, instead of the traditional way of controlling the units from a detached view point. Stormrise also allows units to be commanded in the air, across rooftops, on the earth’s surface and even underground, this unique idea of “verticality” introduces multiple layers of gameplay that must be mastered for strategic advantage. The experience is heightened by a simple yet effective control system tailored specifically for consoles, which allows easy unit selection, rapid navigation and precise deployment.
Set on a bleak and barren earth, devastated by a catastrophic event centuries ago, Stormrise sees the Echelon and the Sai battling to survive in a hostile and uninhabitable wasteland. Remnants of a superior technological people the Echelon survived the event through self-educed hibernation, whilst the Sai, a more tribal faction, still exist having learnt to adapt to their surroundings and the new environment. Having evolved in vastly different ways, the differences between the two factions have spurred much animosity and hatred between the two races, and the future of the planet is now hanging by a thread…
- Grenades: The Enforcers can launch a barrage of explosive grenades at their enemies.
- Riot Shield Up: The Enforcers activate their energy Riot Shields and hunker down behind them for increased protection.
The arbiters of justice, Infiltrators seek out the hidden enemies of the Echelon and dispatch them with a high velocity shot to the skull. Trained from a young age to join the elite ranks of the Echelon infantry, Infiltrators are supreme scouts and deadly accurate snipers. All Infiltrators are armed with the best field camouflage armour and a large calibre high velocity rifle. The Infiltrator always strikes its target.
- Thermal Vision: The Infiltrator is able to detect and target any hidden and cloaked units within view.
- Search the Skies AA Mode: The Prowler transforms into a stable gun platform to shoot down airborne targets.
- Sai Anti Air Rockets: The Rangers can fire Sai energy charges at airborne units from their unusual weapons.
- Commando Rush: The Rangers call forth their natural aggression and rush into combat completely ignoring the dangers around them but increasing their damage.
- Mind Control: The powerful mind of the Spectre can temporarily dominate any enemy except for commanders.
- Cloak: The Spectre can warp light around itself to hide from enemy sight. The shimmering can be detected from up close though.
- Rapid Slice: The Spectre goes into a slashing frenzy, destroying any infantry within its reach.
- Sting: A ceramic shell-filled with Brood acid charged with Sai energy. On impact it does minimal damage, but greatly reduces the armour where the shell hit.
Stormrise marks The Creative Assembly’s first foray into developing a purpose built RTS title for console and is slated to ship in March 2009.
More articles about Stormrise