Grand Theft Auto IV v126.96.36.199 fixes:
GRAPHICS FIXES / ADDITIONS:
- Graphics Menu:
- Added "Water Quality", "Shadow Quality" and "Reflection Resolution" sliders in graphics menu.
- Added "Definition" and "VSync" toggles in graphics menu.
- Rendering optimizations.
- VSync optimizations.
- Nvidia 7000 series
- Mirrors fixed
PATCH 1 FIXES:
- Direct input device support is now disabled by default and can only be enabled with the commandline: "-usedirectinput"
- Supported Controllers:
- Logitech Dual Action
- Logitech RumblePad 2
- Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
- Saitek P2500
- Supported Wheels:
- Note: Controls are unmapped, user must map controls using Manufacturer's mapping software.
- Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
- Logitech Wingman Formula GP Wheel
- Logitech MOMO Racing
- MOMO Force
- Driving Force Pro
- Driving Force
- Formula Force
- Added Commandline "-notimefix" which will help some users who are experiencing the fast/slow gameplay issue after patch 1 was applied.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to experience endless looping audio effects after Patch 1 was applied.
- Benchmark was disabling sounds after Patch 1 was applied, this is now fixed.
- Unable to load game fixed - For some users, a DOS window would open and close immediately upon Game Launch, GTA IV would never launch.
- Hang on Initial Game Loading Screen fixed - Some users experienced Character Art Loading screens in an endless loop.
- Certain causes of the RESC10 error have been fixed (Alt-Tab, change resolution). If you experience an RESC10 error, you must restart.
- Certain Instances of the "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV has encountered a problem and needs to close" error have been fixed.
- Naming clips is now mandatory on Export
- Legitimate players being kicked from Multiplayer matches has been fixed.
GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:
- Wireless 360 controllers not functioning - Triggers were full on/off, fixed.
- In the Options menu accessed from the Title Screen a “Game” section has been added with the ability to turn Clip capture on/off.
The v188.8.131.52 patch contains a variety of fixes including:
- A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.
- Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better FX during replays
- Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice
- Fix for ATI 1900 shadows
- Overall savings to memory
- Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors
- Multiplayer character settings are preserved
- Support for DirectInput controllers. Note: The current hack way of supporting these controllers may not work with the improved functionality. So we recommend you remove the hack before upgrading to the patch.
Issues with power management software have also been fixed (slow speed, double speed issues). Even after the patch comes out setting power management software to maximum performance is recommended. We’ve seen cases where power management software does not detect the game is running and puts the CPU in green mode.
Besides the patch we’ve also improved the way the Social Club handles data this should have greatly reduced or eliminated the MMA10 error. If you are still receiving this error after logging in and out of Social Club we would like to know as much info as you can about it.
Make sure to grab the latest ATI and Nvidia GPU drivers.
Besides the patch we've also improved the way the Social Club handles data this should have greatly reduced or eliminated the Mma10 error. If you are still receiving this error after logging in and out of Social Club we would like to know as much info as you can about it.
Information Needed For Troubleshooting
We want everyone to experience Grand Theft Auto IV on the PC the way it was intended. To that end, we will continue to monitor the forums for any and all issues users are having, and respond whenever possible. We would greatly appreciate it if people with unresolved problems could post some information about their PC configuration in this thread for us. Please include the following information:
- Where exactly in the game you experienced the issue (start screen, while playing the game, etc.)
- What version of the game you have (retail, steam, other online store)
- What is your OS
- Benchmark info or DxDiag is also helpful
Rockstar Games Social Club Application Info
Due to the high volume of new Social Club users, some users may have experienced periods of time where they are unable to log into their Social Club account using the Rockstar Games Social Club application. If you are unable to log in using the Rockstar Games Social Club application, please skip the login process by clicking "Skip Login" or run in offline mode by clicking "Start in Offline Mode". This is meant as a temporary solution to allow users to play GTA IV PC, so please continue to periodically retry your login as we are working hard to promptly address any lapses in service.
A small number of users have reported the Rockstar Games Social Club application encountering a fatal error, preventing them from playing GTA IV PC. One possible solution is to uninstall the .NET Framework (from Add/Remove Programs) and reinstall it by downloading it. If you continue to run into fatal errors in the Rockstar Games Social Club application, please contact Rockstar Games support.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to work around the clock to resolve these issues. Support updates will continue to be posted at www.rockstargames.com/support as soon as they are available.
Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.
Liberty City comes to life through a revitalized Games for Windows Live experience, including expanded online matches, cutting-edge DirectX 10 graphics, and new LIVE features such as a redesigned game interface, out-of-game client and marketplace.
Games for Windows Live delivers a truly connected experience for PC gamers, letting users enjoy a common Gamertag, Gamerscore, and unified friends list that carries across both supported PC games and the Xbox 360 console, as well as single and multiplayer Achievements, voice chat, text messaging and TruSkill online matchmaking.
What does the American dream mean today?
For Niko Bellic fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can escape from his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity. As they slip into debt and get dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them and a living nightmare for those who don't.
Key Features :
- New high resolution technology brings Liberty City to life with even more stunning graphical detail
- Expanded multiplayer will require even more strategy and skill to come out on top
- Match Filtering allows you to pick your favorite multiplayer options and then instantly find online matches that fit
- Record gameplay clips and edit them together with a variety of options using the Video Editor and upload via the Rockstar Social Club
- Optimized for PC controls and Xbox 360 controller
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
- Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
- Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900
Recommended System Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
- Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
- 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
- Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870
Take a tour of Liberty City over at the official website.
More articles about Grand Theft Auto IV