On the brink of annihilation, mankind resumes the fight against the unstoppable Chimera on the shores of the United States. And thus the stage is set for Resistance 2, the highly anticipated follow-up to Insomniac Games’ best-selling PS3 launch title, developed exclusively for the PS3. Players will once again step into the war-torn boots of Nathan Hale, who not only faces near impossible odds on the battlefield, but also constantly struggles with the Chimeran virus raging inside his own body. In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance 2 will offer a truly unprecedented eight-player, class-based online co-op campaign with a separate, parallel storyline and 60-player online competitive multiplayer built upon a ‘massive battles, greater intimacy’ mantra. Players can also expect a re-designed MyResistance.net featuring social networking tools designed to enhance a user’s gameplay experience whether they’re engaged in single, co-op or competitive combat
Picking up immediately where Resistance: Fall of Man concluded, Resistance 2 follows. Nathan Hale as he finds himself once more in a world transformed by war and invasion. Undaunted by their defeat in London, the Chimera have continued to advance, now poised to attack the United States. Entire cities have been leveled and communities annihilated. In this war where the odds are so heavily stacked against the human race, few are left who are willing and able to fight.
Fortunately, Hale is not alone. A group of super soldiers simply known as the Sentinels will fight alongside Hale as they collectively attempt to thwart the inevitable.
Some people have seen their competitive and/or cooperative characters reset to level 1. For several of those cases, this patch will not only bring back all the XP, stats, and attributes that you’ve lost, but it will also add to your character profile the XP/stats/attributes that you’ve earned since those levels were reset. For example, say you were a level 20 medic and after being reset to level 1, and you earned 5,000 XP. Thanks to the patch, you’ll return a level 20 medic and that 5,000 XP will be added to your profile.
This patch will also correct some medal and trophy issues, including the “Killing Machine” trophy (if you’ve already accumulated 10,000 kills but haven’t received this trophy, it’ll pop up as soon as you download the patch).
Here are some additional patch 1.40 details:
- “Salute Me” trophy is not awarded until player reaches level 31 (Lieutenant)
- “Berserker” trophy can be collected during non-ranked games
- “Survivor” medal can be collected in cooperative games
- “Sure Shot” ribbon is awarded if player has accuracy of exactly 50%
- Added clan support for viewing members, sending invites, and setting up clan tags
- Default clan region is now USA
- Match Balancing
- Unbalanced ranked games are cancelled in staging before the game is started
- Parties are prevented from matchmaking into free-for-all Deathmatch games
- Loadouts can be disabled in the “Create Game” screen in competitive games
- Balanced the chance of dropping large ammo pickups in competitive games
- Core Control scoreboard displays “Kills”
- Improved scoreboard formatting
- Balanced the amount of XP gained by the Medic class in cooperative games
- Stalker movement enabled in cooperative games
- Small ammo pickups don’t give LAARK ammo in cooperative games
- Splash damage on Pulse Cannon can damage the player firing it
- Rossmore reticule better reflects its accuracy
- Fire is easier to shake off
- Players cannot swap weapons in the middle of a melee attack
- Localized text updates
- Network message optimizations
- EULA displays the correct language text for Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish and Danish
- Take on the role of Nathan Hale as he battles the Chimeran virus raging within. Fight for humanity’s survival against new swarms of vicious Chimera equipped with new weapons along with re-designed favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man such as the Bullseye and Auger.
- Set in an alternate reality 1953 America, explore highly-detailed and interactive environments where the familiar meshes with the alien, resulting in an American landscape both beautiful and haunting.
- Experience online co-op in a completely new way. Choose between three distinctive character classes and join seven other players to battle through a unique story that parallels the main campaign. Players will also enhance their characters’ attributes as they unlock new armor sets and equipment along the way.
- Online competitive multiplayer – a cornerstone to Resistance: Fall of Man’s global appeal – just got better. Engage in massive 60-player competitive combat with an entirely new squad-based focus designed to balance progression, firefights and rivalries.
- Join MyResistance.net, an unrivaled FPS community complete with skill-based match-ups, dedicated gaming/community/stats servers, social networking tools and an open invite system.
Resistance 2 is currently available worldwide.
More articles about Resistance 2