When your aunt passes away, the neglected family orchard is left to her only remaining relative -- you! Come rain or shine, it's your task to dig in and salvage the orchard from its state of disrepair and turn it into the thriving business it once was. Hire and manage workers, plant and harvest crops, construct processing and storage facilities, and advertise and sell products in your efforts to make a profit. You can also use the bounty of the orchard -- including strawberries, blueberries, cherries, grapes and apples -- to create 20 recipes from Blackberry Pie to Strawberry Fudge, all while striving to win awards and build your trophy collection.
With the daily grind of big city living wearing you down, the desperate need for a change of pace sinks in. Out of the blue, you receive a letter from your granduncle Fred, offering you the change you’ve been yearning for. He’s had enough of running the family orchard and is bequeathing it to you. It’s time to head down to the country and get your hands dirty, making juices, pies, jellies, and more in Orchard!
- Plant and harvest crops, build useful buildings to expand capabilities, create recipes, advertise and sell products and more.
- Hire workers and help increase their farming, building and woodcutting skills. Build homes for them to live in while they service your growing orchard.
- Build useful buildings and utilities from an upgraded store to a cannery, bakery, bridges, sprinklers and more.
- Harvest your own resources, including strawberries, blueberries, cherries, grapes, apples, peaches and pecans. You can also buy resources like sugar, flour and chocolate for your recipes.
- Research and produce 20 recipes including Blackberry Pie, Apple Juice, Strawberry Fudge and many more.
- Earn 30+ trophies for superior work and admire them in your trophy room.
Orchard is rated E for Everyone, and is now available for online download from the following sites: Playfirst, Iwin, Arcadetown, Reflexive Entertainment/Amazon, Bigfish Games, Oberon Media, GameFools, and Shockwave and will soon be available from Wildtangent, RealArcade and Boonty.
More articles about Orchard