Street Fighter IV brings the legendary fighting series back to its roots by taking the beloved fighting moves and techniques of the original Street Fighter II, and infusing them with Capcom's latest advancements in next generation technology to create a truly extraordinary experience that will re-introduce the world to the time-honored art of virtual martial arts.
Everything that made the legendary Street Fighter II a hit in the arcades, living rooms and dormitories across the globe has been brought back in Street Fighter IV. Players will be able to play their favorite classic characters, such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile, along with new characters, including Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. Characters and environments are rendered in stylized 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Six-button controls for the game return, with a host of new special moves and features integrated into the gameplay system. Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over.
Street Fighter IV goes on a whirlwind tour of locations up and down the UK, allowing gamers a chance to sample the greatest fighting game of all time in its original form ahead of the console release, and potentially win some exclusive Street Fighter IV merchandise.
Starting in Edinburgh, the machines will sweep down into England crushing all other games that fall before them. The tour is expected to continue beyond release, with further dates to be added, but the current dates and locations are as follows –
- 29th January – 1st of February: Edinburgh’s Gamestation on Princes Street (EH2 4AH)
- 5th February – 8th February: Sheffield’s Gamestation in Meadowhall Shopping Centre (S9 1ER)
- 19th February – 22nd February: London’s HMV in Oxford St
- 26th February – 1st March: Birmingham’s Gamestation on New St (B2 4NS)
- 5th March – 8th March: Hull’s Gamestation in Prospect Centre (HU2 8PW)
Along with the game itself, the Collectors Edition pack, which will be available for both the PS3 and Xbox 360, will include the following contents housed in a classic Street Fighter scene outer case –
- Limited edition figurines of all time favourite character Ryu and the all new character Crimson Viper, positioned within the familiar settings of the 'crowded Chinese downtown'.
- A bonus disc containing a feature length HD quality anime movie, created specially for the launch of Street Fighter IV and a selection of the best game trailers to date.
- A mini strategy guide created in the style of a comic art book detailing the moves and biographies of four of the new characters to the series; Viper, Abel, El Fuerte and Rufus
- Exclusive downloadable game content
- 3D environments and characters
- Traditional "2D" Street Fighter six-button gameplay
- Classic Street Fighter characters re-imagined for a new generation of gamers, including the original cast of Street Fighter II
- New brawlers: female super-spy Crimson Viper, lucha libre wrestler El Fuerte, mixed martial artist Abel and more!
- New special moves that go beyond any Street Fighter fan's wildest imagination, including Focus Attacks, Super Combos, and the revenge-fueled Ultra Combo system.
- Amazing locations never seen before in a Street Fighter game
- New gameplay elements provide challenges for both newcomers as well as the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.
Capcom confirmed the development of Street Fighter IV for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, scheduled for Feb. 20, 2009.
More articles about Street Fighter IV