Famed game developer Rare Ltd. is reviving one of its most beloved and successful franchises exclusively on Xbox 360 with the third installment of the "Banjo-Kazooie" series. "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" embraces new and old fans alike, as the famous bear and bird duo return in stunning high definition for a unique adventure of epic proportions. The Lord of the Games (aka LOG) is tired of the petty squabbling between Banjo and the evil witch Gruntilda (aka Grunty), and has arranged a showdown to decide the rightful owner of Spiral Mountain. Claiming to have created every video game ever made, LOG has built the game worlds in which the contest's challenges take place. Banjo must complete LOG's challenges to win, while Grunty tries to stop him using every method her devious mind can muster.
Throughout their adventure, players create their own abilities by building vehicles for Banjo to pilot over land, sea and air. Vehicle parts, which range from simple devices such as engines and wheels to more unusual equipment such as springs and egg guns, are earned and collected throughout the game. Players use their imagination to combine parts in any order to create whatever vehicle they choose. LOG's challenges have one goal, but players' choice of vehicle and tactics will determine how it gets accomplished. By exploring worlds and solving puzzles, players both young and old will be rewarded with more advanced and diverse vehicle parts in their quest to defeat Grunty once and for all and lay claim to Spiral Mountain.
With the power of Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" brings an entirely new experience to the console and takes the franchise to a whole new level of enjoyment. High-definition graphics, user-created content and online gameplay are just three of the many advances people of all ages and skill levels will discover as they embark on their adventure.
Those who pre-order at participating retailers will get in on all the Banjo fun right off the starting line, and as a special bonus, will also receive a free download code for the original “Banjo-Kazooie,” launching on Xbox Live Arcade later this fall.
As Kazooie likes to say, “The early bird gets the worm.” Since the original “Banjo-Kazooie” will not debut on Xbox Live Arcade until a couple weeks after “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” releases, pre-ordering the game gives you a two-week head start on the Arcade title and the opportunity to take advantage of “Stop N’ Swop” before anyone else. “Stop N’ Swop” rewards players’ accomplishments in the new game with extra content and features in the Xbox Live Arcade game, giving fans who pre-order “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” the chance to experience more Banjo action than ever.
Additionally, everyone’s favorite bear and bird duo has Olympic fever. What do Banjo and Beijing have in common? The newly revealed game world Jiggoseum (formerly dubbed World of Sports) will have you taking on a series of Olympic-inspired events for the jiggy gold!
This giant stadium evokes themes of ancient Rome and Greece with modern day sports activities. The Jiggoseum, common stomping ground for Mr. Fit and Trophy Thomas, will include 17 challenges to test Banjo’s (and his contraptions’) athletic abilities. In order to successfully complete his adventure in this world, Banjo must transport the Olympic Torch across a large body of water to help Captain Blubber light the Olympic Cauldron. A boat may seem like the vehicle of choice for the job… but with tons of options, it’s up to the player to decide.
- An adventure that starts with your imagination. If you can imagine it, you can build it in the Mumbo's Motors easy-to-use workshop. Then put your creation to the test as you take on Grunty in your quest for Spiral Mountain. Unlike other games, where the player progressively picks up new skills or abilities at points predetermined by the game's creator, "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" puts the power of improving Banjo's abilities into the hands of the players as they build vehicles that allow Banjo to progress through the game. Vehicle parts include a wide variety of body panels, engines, wheels, wings, propellers, fuel and weapons, plus many more weird and wonderful gadgets such as floaters, Mumbo Bombos and the versatile sticky ball. Players can design and create anything from a simple object-carrying truck to a space-age flying saucer. Once players have designed their creation, they give it the finishing touch by painting it and choosing a suitable name before Banjo jumps in and pilots it into action.
- Customizable experience. With more than 100 contraption parts and unlimited possible combinations, no two players will have the same experience in "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts." By exploring the vast game worlds, discovering hidden secrets and solving puzzles to win rewards, players continually find more and more ways to customize and improve their contraptions, creating an unprecedented level of user-generated content for a 3-D platform adventure game.
- Fun right out of the box. Don't worry if you aren't the world's greatest inventor or want to skip the workshop and get straight to the action, because "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" comes with a fully loaded experience right out of the box. Pre-built vehicles are included so players can jump right in and get started, with many more contraptions available for purchase throughout the adventure using the in-game currency system of musical notes.
- Xbox LIVE gets in on the fun. For the first time in franchise history, "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" is going to include competitive and cooperative multiplayer gameplay. Now players can face off head-to-head in multiple multiplayer modes or team up and play cooperatively via Xbox Live. And with the title's online blueprint sharing system, players can share their designs over Xbox LIVE with friends and gamers everywhere. Rare has an extremely dedicated and active fan base, and we expect this addition combined with the unlimited user-generated content of "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" to help further grow and inspire that community, and push their creative limits!
- Engaging storyline and entertaining characters. Two of Rare's most beloved characters have returned from retirement, making their debut on Xbox 360. To win the deed to their homeland and prevent the evil witch Gruntilda from developing it into tower blocks and malls, Banjo and his best friend Kazooie battle over land, sea and air against their longtime rival. Familiar faces such as Mumbo Jumbo, Bottles, Captain Blubber and the Jinjos are also back to lend a hand, along with an equally colorful cast of new friends and foes. Players can look out for Trophy Thomas, Piddles, Lord of the Games and Grunty's mechanically menacing army of Gruntbots.
- Innovation connecting the franchise's past and present. With the power of Xbox 360, this newly activated feature, known as Stop ‘N' Swop, connects "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" to the upcoming Xbox LIVE Arcade release of the original "Banjo-Kazooie." Players' accomplishments in the new game will be rewarded with extra content and features in the Xbox LIVE Arcade game, encouraging fans to dive into as much "Banjo" as they can get their hands on!
- Enjoy alone or with friends. "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" offers complete single-player and multiplayer experiences. Gamers can play through the adventure alone in the single-player campaign, or with friends in competitive or cooperative challenges alone or in teams on Xbox LIVE.
- Fun for everyone. Xbox 360 is the home to the best entertainment experiences for everyone. With "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts," Xbox 360 continues to build its impressive lineup of content that appeals to people of all ages and types.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is hitting U.S. stores Nov. 11, 2008 ($39.99) and will debut in European on Nov. 14, 2008.
More articles about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts