Stormrise offers fans of the classic RTS genre an immersive and dramatic twist whilst challenging the conscience of the gamer. Experience the heat of the battlefield by leading your troops from the front line, instead of the traditional way of controlling the units from a detached view point. Stormrise also allows units to be commanded in the air, across rooftops, on the earth’s surface and even underground, this unique idea of “verticality” introduces multiple layers of gameplay that must be mastered for strategic advantage. The experience is heightened by a simple yet effective control system tailored specifically for consoles, which allows easy unit selection, rapid navigation and precise deployment.
Set on a bleak and barren earth, devastated by a catastrophic event centuries ago, Stormrise sees the Echelon and the Sai battling to survive in a hostile and uninhabitable wasteland. Remnants of a superior technological people the Echelon survived the event through self-educed hibernation, whilst the Sai, a more tribal faction, still exist having learnt to adapt to their surroundings and the new environment. Having evolved in vastly different ways, the differences between the two factions have spurred much animosity and hatred between the two races, and the future of the planet is now hanging by a thread…
- Rocket barrage: Hunters blast ground-based enemy units with a fiery rocket barrage.
- Low hover: Hunters can drop down to hover close to the ground, allowing them to hide and shoot at ground units with greater accuracy.
- Dig In: The Sentinels deploy their machine guns and dig in to increase their fire power and protection.
- Transform to artillery: The Arc Hammer can transform itself into a powerful artillery piece, locking it in place. This mode has a very long range but cannot be used to hit targets near where the Arc Hammer is emplaced.
- Fly High: The Locusts can ascend into the sky to get a better look at the battlefield and engage airborne units.
- Electric Tentacle: The warriors use their Sai powers to envelope their tentacles in electricity which greatly increases their attack damage.
- Unstoppable Charge: The Rage hurtles forward with tremendous force smashing into and flattening their unfortunate victim.
- Rage Smash: The Rage jumps up in the air and smashes to the ground on landing, causing a powerful shockwave.
Stormrise marks The Creative Assembly’s first foray into developing a purpose built RTS title for console and is slated to ship in March 2009.
More articles about Stormrise