Set in a future-fantasy world, Demigod is a team-based action game that casts you as a demigod battling for a position in the pantheon of the gods.
Demigod incorporates elements of RTS and action RPG games. Players choose their demigod and turn the tides in epic battles fought in ancient arenas. Single player revolves around the player working through a tournament style ladder to ascend to godhood. Multiplayer forces teams to work together to destroy the opposing forces and their stronghold. Demigod uses the Supreme Commander engine to achieve a sense of scale unprecedented in a fantasy game. Colossal giants send armies flying off the edge and into oblivion in all-encompassing ancient battlefields.
The type of Demigod you choose determines your style of gameplay. Play as an assassin, and the game plays like an action RPG, letting you use a wide array of skills on the enemy. Play as a general, and the game plays more like a RTS, letting you build and control your personal army.
- Revolutionary team-based action game that includes RTS, action RPG and fighting game elements
- Work cooperatively with teammates (AI or human in multiplayer) to dominate your opponents
- Level up your Demigod and purchase unique equipment
- Fight and lead your troops with the goal of pushing the battle into your opponent's territory and destroying their stronghold
- Fight in fantastic arenas
- Two styles of play: Assassin and General
- Simple RTS-style controls
- Advanced AI
- Robust multiplayer
- Ranked and unranked games via our GPGnet service
- Clan, chat, and tournament support
- Future plans include downloadable content
Stardock will launch Gas Powered Games' Demigod in February 2009, while Atari has yet to set a date for the European release.
More articles about Demigod