RACE Pro recreates a breathtaking reality giving gamers the ultimate racing simulation experience, all powered by Lizard, SimBin's own physics engine. With precision physics and handling, racers will feel every bend and burst of acceleration along with every emotion from pre-race tension in the pit lanes to the exhilaration of capturing the checker flag. RACE Pro provides unrivalled realism and deep immersion into the racing world through ultra realistic car models and official FIA championships and tracks. Putting players in the driving seats of their simulated racing careers, racers will have the opportunity to work their way up the leader boards through intense training and winning key races. RACE Pro has something for everyone, allowing players of all levels to pick up and play, while offering challenging tracks and advanced modes for the more experienced players.
The wealth of cars in RACE Pro ranges from 200 to over 1000 horse power, encompassing a host of championships including WTCC (World Touring Car Championship), Formula 3000 and Formula BMW. GT cars from manufacturers including Aston Martin and Saleen take their place on the grid as well as production cars such as the Audi R8 and Dodge Viper SRT10. In addition, RACE Pro is exclusively bringing all the WTCC cars from manufacturers BMW, Chevrolet and Seat to Xbox 360 for the very first time. For a blast of accessible fun, the Mini Cooper Challenge invites players of all abilities to take the wheel.
Gamers and racing fans alike will experience the thrill of racing these powerful cars on 13 real life tracks covering all continents, of which Macau, Porto and Pau are exclusive to RACE Pro, and US tracks Laguna Seca and Road America are brand new to SimBin fans.
Online play via Xbox Live online entertainment network and System Link support lets up to 12 players take on equally high-powered opponents and test their skills to the limit to reach the finish line ahead of the pack. For friends closer to home, the brand new 'Hot Seat' feature puts players in the driving seat for a limited amount of time before passing the controller to the next player and so on, demanding exceptionally quick reactions and precision racing from even the most seasoned drivers.
Car Class Reveal: Mini Cooper
A front wheel drive icon named Mini was launched back in 1959 and was in production all the way up to the year 2000. Since its launch the Mini been a constant fixture on the international racing scene both on and off road. In 2001, BMW, current owner of the Mini brand and a key player on the racing circuit, re-launched the car under the name of The New Mini and also created the Mini Cooper Challenge backed by BMW.
For the Mini Cooper Challenge, it was decided that a 180 horsepower, supercharged Mini Cooper S would be the vehicle of choice. The street legal version of this car is already a formidable track car, and in RACE Pro, players can experience the real race car from bumper to bumper and all the close racing action that comes with it. The Mini Cooper Challenge is one of the most exciting one-car classes.
BMW is a German car and motorcycle manufacturer founded in 1916 with its headquarters in Munich. During the First World War, the company enjoyed rapid growth building engines for military aircraft until 1918. BMW’s logo therefore represents a rotating airplane propeller. BMW M is a division of BMW producing sports and high-performance vehicles. Since its creation in 1972, BMW M has had a rich history of motor sport success. BMW Group also owns the brands Rolls-Royce and Mini. BMW has been involved successfully in Saloon, Touring, Sports Car and Formula racing.
Key Features :
- Thrilling Driving Experience: Players will feel every bend and burst of acceleration as well as every emotion from pre-race tension in the pit lanes to exhilaration on the podium.
- Unrivalled Racing World Realism: Users will be deeply immersed into the racing world with ultra realistic car models, official championships and tracks. Participants work their way up the leader boards through intense training, winning key races and securing valuable sponsorship deals.
- ‘Hot Seat’ Feature: Brand new to RACE Pro, this feature brings social racing to the living room for the first time as players are put in the ‘hot seat’ for a limited amount of time before passing the controller to the next player in the ‘hot seat,’ accelerating the pace of the game with quick reactions and precision driving.
- Wide Variety of Cars: Players can choose from vehicles ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power, GT cars, WTCC extreme cars, formula and production cars.
- Real Life Tracks: Gamers can experience the thrill of sport racing with over 15 real life tracks covering all continents, of which Macau, Porto and Pau are exclusive to RACE Pro.
RACE Pro ships in North America on February 17th and launches across Europe on February 20th 2009.
More articles about RACE Pro