Disciples III: Renaissance is the next title in the award winning Disciples series and represents a leap forward in the evolution of the turn-based RPG/strategy genre. Building on the successes of the first two games, DIII introduces a host of new features as well as the compelling gameplay that made the previous titles such hits.
As a Lord of one of the fantastical races of Nevendaar you must fight to restore your deity's rule over your world. There are three playable races to choose from; the Empire, the Elven Alliance and the notorious Legion of the Damned.
For the first time in the series the gloriously ominous and notoriously gloomy world of Disciples is rendered in full 3D, allowing the player to experience this realm as it should be. Disciples uses its own Virtual Dream engine to render the stunning 3D environments.
Akella and .dat are pleased to report on completion of the set of important features in Disciples III: Renaissance that is drawing the game release nearer. The storyline has been completed – there’s a script for all the 19 missions that’ll be featured in the game: 6 per race and one final mission. The game will feature over 150 units.
All of the units and objects have been animated and textured. The dev team has almost completed generating the game content: Elven Alliance and Legions of the Damned cities are templated; only minor fixing is ahead. Now the team is focusing on finalizing the city of the Empire.
The game designers are now working closely on perfecting the interface, completing the script (separate dialogues), making briefings movies, and finalizing arts.
- Three playable races - The Empire, the Legions of the Damned and the Elven Alliance. Each race has its own unique units and city design.
- Cities, locations, units and other game assets are now represented in full 3D.
- Advances in the gameplay allow increased fluidity in multiplayer games and less downtime when playing alone.
- A new upgrade system allows the player to assign attributes to your leaders. This RPG system employs inventories and new stats and abilities.
- Visual representation of character's equipped armor, weapons and artifacts.
More articles about Disciples III: Renaissance