X-Blades is the first action game in anime-style developed in Russia, executed in the best traditions of this genre and will certainly astonish the users with its beautiful graphics and many other elements as well, such as intriguing plot, unusual enemies and rich arsenal of murderous skills and magic, which allows the user to fight monsters as efficiently as spectacular. For those who are longing for epos the developers propose to become part of a legend of a mysterious artifact, hair-rising curse and secrets of ancient civilizations.
Users keen on slashing combats will find a huge variety of ways of eliminating countless enemies. Two powerful gunblades which the heroine always carries about allow the user to make a real slaughter in close combat and also feel like an habitue of a shooting gallery. Apart from all kinds of standard guns, which may be everyway upgraded, the arsenal includes more than fifteen smashing spells – so no one would begrudge the heroine’s enemies.
X-Blades features a special combination of cinematic style, beautiful animation, and relentless, high speed gameplay. Players assume the role of Ayumi, a stunningly seductive yet tenacious heroine who battles enemies with her pistol blades, acrobatic ability, and magic spells. With full anime cut scenes, the story unfolds revealing demonic powers and spectacular landscapes, all ripe for exploration and battles.
When Ayumi isn't using her effective combat spells, she faces up to the enemy hordes with naked blades and explosive projectiles. Since the unique Gunblades are a combination of sword and pistol, the heroine can change her combat style lightning-fast. Surrounded by countless opponents, Ayumi uses both blades with deadly accuracy in hand-to-hand combat. She's well versed in various combat techniques - and she makes full use of them to cut her way through the ranks of the monsters. The player is rewarded with special finishing moves for carrying out particularly successful combos.
The “Collector's Bundles” for all platforms will be on the market at the same time as the standard versions, highlights in the boxes are a 22 cm. hand-painted statue of the heroine Ayumi and a top-class artbook depicting the game.
There's also a soundtrack CD, a double-theme poster and a strategy guide. If you purchase the PC version, you'll even get an extra bonus - a mousepad. Language-wise, TopWare has also done the game proud - it's been fully localized in English, French, Italian, German and Russian - and there are sub-titles in Hungarian, Polish, Czech and Spanish which can be combined in any way with the speech recordings.
- Absorbing fantasy story with spectacular landscapes and figures
- Attractive heroine in Anime style
- Learn to play easily - wide range of development possibilities
- Special mode for a heroine with demonic forces
- Innovative Blade Gun for firing projectiles and for close combat
- Role-playing elements to improve skills and enhance weapons
- Over 20 types of magic in different classes
- Around 40 different scenarios (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Alternative endings, depending on player's actions
- Hidden Power-ups hook players to explore levels
- Over 30 different classes of opponent
- Powerful Boss opponents with fantastic design
- Cinematic stylistic devices like Bullet-Time
- Various difficulty levels - from Beginner to Pro
More articles about X-Blades