The special Target edition of the game, available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii, will have exclusive extended content and features that consumers won’t be able to find anywhere else, including the Target Mountain – an entire mountain environment found only in the Target exclusive edition. Gamers will also be able to take advantage of exclusive jibs, additional scenes and more characters. Additionally, players will be able to cozy up in the game’s virtual version of the Target Chalet, the real-life mountainside home where Shaun and his fellow Target athletes hang out with friends and family at the annual Winter X Games in Aspen, Colorado. Among other exclusive features, the Taget Chalet is the only indoor environment anywhere in the game.
Shaun White Snowboarding truly captures the action sports lifestyle. Shaun White Snowboarding is being developed from the ground up for the Wii, taking full advantage of the Wii Balance Board accessory and featuring its own unique storyline and adventure with Shaun White.
The game features open-world mountains across the globe, where players are free to define their own experiences, and express themselves through tricks, unique riding styles, and highly customizable avatars. Players can also hang out with their friends and have fun off the board by throwing snowballs, hiking to access secret spots, and filming their friends doing tricks.
The Glamour Pack provides riders with an exciting variety of new gear and equipment to conquer the mountain with featuring the following:
- 7 Pants
- 7 Coats
- 4 Tuques
- 4 Gloves
- 4 Boots
- 4 Goggles
- 14 Snowboards
- 2 Bindings
- 3 Backpacks
- Exclusive storyline: Everybody loves a road trip! You and your crew travel the world to participate in a variety of the largest and craziest events to become a world-renowned athlete. Life on the road to success wouldn't be the same without the support of your friends, who will always be there to help you out and keep your head on your shoulders. Stand together with your friends - both in the game and in the living room - and you will be able to conquer the madness that fame brings.
- Go on a globetrotting adventure with Shaun White as your partner ? Ubisoft worked in close contact with Shaun White in order to infuse the experience with the most authentic elements of his riding style, personality and sense of humor. Shaun will act as a good-natured friend and mentor to the player, hooking him up with the right friends to conquer challenges together, introduce him to new locales, or simply be around to share in a laugh.
- Wii Balance Board Integration: Get yourself into the game like never before by using the Wii Board to control your rider. Control your carves, jumps and grinds with the intuitiveness and fun of having a snowboard in your own living room.
- Everyone plays, no one waits: Engage in a seamlessly integrated multiplayer experience for two to four players, where every player is active in the game at all times.
- Get together your crew: In the world of snowboarding, it pays to have friends on your side. Your crew of friends will always be there to help you by offering you unique abilities to improve both your riding and keeping you grounded with friendly pranks; filming all the antics along the way.
- Fame and Respect: Getting your name out there by doing well as a pro snowboarder is bound to get you some recognition. As your fame grows, so too does your ability to take on bigger and bigger challenges, from new mountains to more prestigious events and competitions. Fame, however, isn't everything. You'll need to gain your friends' respect by riding with style in order to gain their support; they will help you find hidden areas, share their favorite music tracks and keep you laughing.
Shaun White Snowboarding for Xbox 360 and PS3 will ship on Nov. 16, 2008 with a "T" for Teen, for the PSP and the PS2, and Wii with an "E10+" for Everyone 10 and up rating, while the NDS and PSP versions will ship with an "E" for Everyone.
More articles about Shaun White Snowboarding