Disney's A Christmas Carol video game, inspired by "Disney's A Christmas Carol," the Charles Dickens tale re-imagined by Robert Zemeckis as a major feature film starring Jim Carrey, is an adventure puzzler for NDS that celebrates the spirit of the holidays with a Scrooge twist. It is the only video game inspired by the re-envisioned classic Dickens tale and gives NDS players a fantastical, super-sensory adventure with engaging activities for the yuletide season.
Ebenezer Scrooge (Jim Carrey) begins the Christmas holiday with his usual miserly contempt, barking at his faithful clerk (Gary Oldman) and his cheery nephew (Colin Firth). But when the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet to Come take him on an eye-opening journey revealing truths Old Scrooge is reluctant to face, he must open his heart to undo years of ill will before it's too late.
The game utilizes many of the unique NDS features. Players will guide Scrooge on his supernatural adventure, by blowing and shouting into the microphone and using the Nintendo DS stylus to pull, shake, drag, rattle and tap the different environments. In the game, playersexperience immersive animated cutscenes that unfold like an interactive story book with amazing beauty and detail. Players will also have access to actual chapters of the classic Dickens book and will interact with characters from the film, including Bob Cratchit, Tiny Tim, Mr. Fezziwig, Marley and the three spirits of Christmas.
In addition, players can engage in several fun festive activities like singing carols, decorating with holiday ornaments, and cooking Christmas dinner in Tiny Tim's kitchen. The game features 14 mini-games that include coin tossing, performing on the piano, a snaps card game, snow ball fights as well as a "Pass the DS" feature which allows for up to four players to compete in mini-games on one DS unit. A real-time advent calendar also lets players unlock surprises every day from December 1st through Christmas 2009.
- Manipulate Scrooge's environments to guide him on his supernatural adventure
- Blow and shout into the microphone and use the DS stylus to pull, shake, drag, rattle and tap Scrooge's world and influence game play
- Experience immersive animated cutscenes that unfold like an interactive story book with amazing beauty and detail
- Interact with your favorite characters from the film, including Bob Cratchit, Tiny Tim, Mr Fezziwig, Marley and the three spirits of Christmas
- Use the real-time advent calendar to unlock surprises for everyday that you play leading up to Christmas
- Sing carols, decorate with holiday ornaments, and cook recipes from the Victorian era
- Master over 10 single-player mini-games, plus join a friend for a "pass the DS" multiplayer game
Disney's A Christmas Carol video game also includes access to DGamer, the online community exclusively for Disney gamers on Nintendo DS, allowing them to chat with other players and unlock additional items in their game.
More articles about A Christmas Carol