Free Running, or Le Parkour as it is know in France where it originated in the late 1990’s, is the latest extreme sport. It involves running, jumping and performing death defying tricks through/over urban environments.
Free Running allows you to go absolutely anywhere within specially designed environments. You are presented with over 60 unique challenges, within 10 levels, spread over 3 environments; Urban Jungle, Docklands and Inner City. Throughout the game you need to maintain your Flow and Sprint meters and, at the same time, be precise in your timings when you leap, jump, balance and run!
Originally, Free Running was launched on the PS2 and PSP platforms to great success and acclaim. The new versions have been enhanced and unique twists added. The physicality of Free Running has been thoroughly captured with the Wiimote and Nunchuk controllers. Flicking, pointing and swinging the controllers at the precise place at the precise time will fully immerse you into the action, drama and suspense, and once you've nailed the timings, performing the tricks and moves becomes second nature.
- 60 unique challenges, over 10 levels in 3 environments; Urban Jungle, Docklands & Inner City.
- Immerse yourself with the precision and flexibility of the Wiimote and Nunchuk.
- 9 different single and multiplayer modes including ‘Race’, ‘Trick’ and ‘Target’ modes.
- Completely free roaming gameplay – go anywhere, climb anything!
- Unlock New Characters, Clothes, Music, Tricks and Moves.
- Awesome effects include bloom, sun glare and focal blur
- Recreate your favorite Parkour and Free Running moves and techniques!
In addition to featuring characters based on the leading free runners in Europe, Free Running has been developed with the help of the sports brand specialist Adidas. Their Free Running apparel and high fashion training shoes all feature in-game.
More articles about Free Running