JoWood is offering its back catalog as digital download through Steam, which now offers Painkiller: Resurrection as pre-order throwing in the previous three games in the series for free.
Once more, it is up to the protagonist to find a way out of a grotesque world between heaven and hell, trapped between life and death. The development of Painkiller: Resurrection is based on the technology of the Painkiller engine, but with several improvements, including improved shadows, a higher texture resolution, moveable light sources, post processing, motion blur and ambient occlusion were implemented. In addition to these added features, the PK++ development team, lead by Steven “blowfish” Wilkins, has set up a coop-multiplayer campaign mode.
The pure shooter is back, so be prepared for some fast paced and adrenaline-fueled action! There is no complexity of reloading or puzzling, just action! Grab your stake gun and go straight to hell!
As with every journey into purgatory, the journey in Painkiller: Resurrection starts with death and pain. William Wild Bill Sherman, an ex CIA Agent and specialist for dangerous missions in the Black Ops Special Unit has a big problem: during his last job, he has managed to not only kill the head of an illegal drug operation and a slew of innocent civilians, but himself in a fatal mistake. Trapped in a hostile place between heaven and hell, his soul flickers between the millions of faceless infidels and good and evil forces start to use Wild Bill for their own needs. But, it turns out that nothing is as it seemed at the beginning...solve the mystery and give the equilibrium between heaven and hell a little flip!
- Cooperative Mode: Players are able to work together in the battle against demons and bosses.
- Intense gameplay: The player will be constantly outnumbered, fighting against seemingly insurmountable odds.
- Next-generation graphics: In addition to the 3D PAIN Engine capacity the game now also includes motion blur and increased dynamic lighting.
- Combo weapons: All weapons come in pairs, with a primary and secondary fire.
- Morphing: Your unholy pact gives you the power to morph into a powerful possessed creature with every 100 souls collected.
- Monster AI: Advanced AI coding will simulate group behaviours. Monsters dont spawn onto the map, they patrol. They are constantly aware of the player, and will coordinate their attacks by retreating, regrouping and counterattacking.
- Physics Engine: Painkiller employs the Havok 2.0 physics engine, allowing for inverse kinematics (rag-doll physics) and deformable, interactive environments.
More articles about Painkiller: Resurrection