SOCOM Confrontation delivers the ultimate next-generation online combat experience made possible by the power of PS3.
SOCOM Confrontation focuses on online play and the global community and clans that support it. With support for Tournaments, Clan Ladders, Leader Boards, this latest title in the multi-million unit selling franchise is exactly what SOCOM fans have been clamoring for. Additionally, players will be able to modify their appearance through facial and physical customization.
A global-scale experience, SOCOM Confrontation gives players the opportunity to battle against the best and brightest from the U.S., Europe and Asia.
SOCOM Confrontation deploys with five new North African themed maps, including a 32-player version of "Crossroads." Additional themed packs for SOCOM Confrontation will be made available for download via the PlayStation Store.
Loaded with new features and content, this pack brings a brand new snowy Eastern European area of operations into play with two all new maps and three classic SOCOM maps for 16 to 32 players. The classic maps are drawn from some of the most popular SOCOM maps of all time, each built from the ground up for the PS3!
Kit yourself out in snow gear and fight your way through blizzard conditions, joining a team of mercenaries or a squad from one of the world’s top Special Forces regiments including the Russian Spetsnaz.
Try your hand at Arms Run, a new game mode that features dynamically placed missile launchers that must be activated or destroyed, depending on which side you’re fighting for.
Employ the new thermal vision scope weapon attachment to track your enemies’ heat signatures – vital in the dark and useful in daylight for picking out white camouflaged adversaries. In addition, we have new primary weapons to make use of and new attachments.
- New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
- Snow setting complete with snow effects, new snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries, and thermal vision
- New ARMS RACE gameplay mode
- 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
- All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
- New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
- Gun turrets emplacements
- New music
- All new character specialization/progression system
- Allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
- New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
- 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
- New Trophies
This pack will be available for download via the Playstation Network for $14.99.
- Ultimate 32-player online combat experience featuring stunning high-definition visuals, advanced physics, ballistics, impact and destruction modeling
- Rich interactive and destructible environments supporting multiple game types
- Full support of the SixAxis wireless controller, offering greater control
- Choice of playing as various International Special Forces
- Advanced voice communication systems and immersive audio
- Comprehensive player customization including fully featured load out, encumbrance and unique uniforms
- Up to seven different game modes are available on each map
- Advanced player matching, players can form a team with their friends and easily join an online game
- Regional combat or challenge teams from around the world
- Additional themed downloadable content packs available post launch
More articles about SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation