Stoked gives players physical control of their rider through the analog sticks, which eliminates the need for players to memorize combos and gives them the ability to craft their own riding and trick styles. As players complete challenges and win events with style, they gain sponsorships, gear, and clothing from over 30 real-world brands, like Burton, Libtech, Volcom, Dakine, Nikita, and Quicksilver, and they gain profiles of their exploits in leading snowboarding magazines, such as Snowboard Magazine.
Stoked: Big Air also introduces racing for both single-player and multiplayer modes. Three types of races are included: Head to Head Through Gates, Pack Racing Through Gates, and Freestyle First to the Bottom (multiplayer only).
Players can ride with Pros in the Pro Challenges, in which they match the moves of seven different Pros, including Travis Rice, Gigi Ruf, Nicolas Muller, and Annie Boulanger. Or, they can also race against any of the Pros.
Stoked: Big Airfeatures seamless drop-in, drop-out multiplayer. At any time, anywhere, on any mountain, players can instantly choose to free-ride with a posse of up to seven friends, or challenge them in a variety of competitive riding activities.
In addition to racing, players can compete in a variety of Big Air and Grind-fest events, compete on behalf of their sponsor to take control of a mountain in the Battle of the Brands, ride for media exposure, build a scrapbook of pictorial exploits, free-ride the mountain for high scores, and complete a variety of technical trick challenges.
- Racing: Race against the world's top riders in single-player mode, or race online against up to seven other players via Xbox LIVE®. Depending on race type, you can race through gates or carve your own route fastest to the bottom.
- Marked Trails: M akes it easy to find great runs on every mountain. Each mountain includes eight runs with marked and groomed trails, lots of park objects to trick off and on-screen highlighting of kickers and jumps.
- Park Objects: Besides marked trails filled with lots of park objects, many mountains also have park objects spread throughout the wild.
- Two New Mountains: Includes all five mountains from the original Stoked, plus two new mountains: Laax and K2. Together, these seven mountains give players over 500 square miles to explore. While every mountain has marked and groomed trails, players can also fly their helicopter to carve their own lines anywhere on any mountain.
- Smoother and Faster Riding: We've tweaked all aspects of riding, from camera angles to animations to the sensitivity of the controls, and we've made Stoked: Big Air even faster, with even more Big Air opportunities.
- Gorgeous Visuals: Now even more gorgeous, with a new lighting model, post effects, fog, upgraded particle effects, and more.
- Two New Pros: Gigi Ruf and Romain de Marchi join Travis Rice, Nicolas Muller, Wolle Nyvelt, Annie Boulanger, and Tadashi Fuse.
Stoked: Big Air Edition will be available in North America for $39.99.
More articles about Stoked: Big Air Edition