For the first time ever in the Star Wars Battlefront series, players will be able to fight on multi-level battlefronts, on the ground and in space. Players can start the fight on foot, commandeer a vehicle to battle on the ground or dogfight in space, and land their craft and fight on capital starships. The battles waged on each front are all directly effected by the player’s actions, creating a combat experience where every shot fired and every enemy defeated can affect the outcome of a battle on another front.
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron features a deep and engrossing single player campaign that spans the entire Star Wars Saga — and beyond. Gamers assume the identity of X2, a clone trooper created from the DNA of a Jedi Master. Originally tasked with eliminating Jedi during Order 66, X2 decides to leave his blood-stained past behind and joins the Rebellion. X2 isn’t the only Force-sensitive clone, however. X1, his clone brother, chooses a much more sinister path, leading to a confrontation that could determine the fate of both the Empire and the Rebellion.
Additionally, players will have at their disposal massive amounts of pick-up and play action for seemingly endless replay value. The PSP provides the deepest customization options ever seen in a Star Wars Battlefront title, allowing players to personalize and build their character with more weapons and items than ever before, including the weapons characters carry into battle, the armor they wear on their backs, their species, gender, appearance and physical strengths. Players can also unlock hundreds of other items and bonuses to help even the odds. On NDS, players can experience a unique class-based gameplay experience that allows them to outfit their characters with pre-determined weapon armaments, including heavy weapons, blasters and even lightsabers.
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron on the PSP supports 16-player multiplayer, complete with in-depth stat tracking, and intense 4-player skirmishes on Nintendo DS across a wide number of modes, including the all-new “Heroes and Villains.” Take up arms as some of the most iconic Star Wars characters, including Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Kit Fisto, Darth Maul and other familiar faces from Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. And battle for the fate of the galaxy on some of the most memorable Star Wars planets of all time, including the forest-covered landscape of Endor, the frozen wastes of Hoth and even the mysterious Yavin 4.
- Fight on an expanded battlefront that spans multiple layers of action — start the fight on foot, commandeer a vehicle and dogfight in space, and land your craft on and fight in capital starships — your actions in each area directly affect the outcome on others
- Take the lead role in an engrossing, never-before-told storyline that puts you in the middle of the action of the most memorable battles spanning the entire Star Wars® saga and beyond
- Massive amounts of replay value and customization ensure that every battle you take part in is unique and different:
- Deep customization options on the PSP system let you build and outfit your character like never before — dictate the weapons they carry into battle, the armor they wear on their backs, their species, gender, appearance and physical strengths including hundreds of unlockable items and bonuses
- Unique class-based gameplay on the Nintendo DS let you take advantage of numerous character classes, each with their own specialized weapons and tools and even the ability to carry a lightsaber into battle
- Feel the rush of combat on the PSP system with 16-player multiplayer matches complete with enhanced stat tracking, or battle intense four-player skirmishes on the Nintendo DS
- Let loose your inner Jedi or Sith in the special “Heroes and Villains” mode where you can play classic characters like Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kit Fisto, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, Boba Fett, plus new characters from the Star Wars Battlefront®: Renegade Squadron and Star Wars®: The Force Unleashed video games
- Battle on some of the most iconic Star Wars planets and locations from the feature films, all with multi-layered battlefronts, such as Tatooine, Endor, Yavin 4 and Hoth through 12 campaign levels on the PSP system and 11 campaigns on the Nintendo DS
- Commandeer trademark Star Wars vehicles and spacecraft from the Empire’s TIE Fighters to the Rebel Alliance’s X-wings, as well as AT-RTs, LAATs, Imperial Transports and Droid Fighters
LucasArts' Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron is in development for PSP (Rebellion) and NDS (n-Space), currently scheduled for release Fall 2009.
More articles about Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron