Players can take their Sims on new journeys to famous real-world inspired destinations around the globe for the first time ever and seek out new adventures. While exploring the landmarks of an exotic city, there is no telling what the Sims will find. From mastering martial arts in Shang Simla, China, discovering rich culture and famous landmarks on a romantic getaway to Champs Les Sims, France or exploring the depths of ancient tombs in Al Simhara, Egypt, players can take their Sims on a journey that will change their Sims’ lives. Players can accept challenges to search for secret treasures, learn new skills and chase down new personal opportunities, meet new Sims with unique personalities, share their culture and bring them home, discover new styles on their travels, and share everything they encounter on their adventures with the world through personal photographs, movies, and stories.
Champs Les Sims, France
- The Good Life - Champs Les Sims, France offers the cultural elite some of the finer things in life. Sims can learn the fine culinary art of nectar making, or flash over with a camera to learn the Photography Skill. This beautiful country town is sure to please the senses and invigorate the soul.
- Civilized Folk - Settled towards the end of the Medieval Period, Champs Les Sims has a rich history and culture. From the arts to delicious culinary delights, this small French town has everything Sims need to live a comfortable life.
- Try Your Feet at Nectar Making! Sims fascinated by Gardening and the culinary arts can now refine their talents by learning the nectar making skill. Combine your own fruits with new types of grapes or other fruits to create unique Nectar combinations. After stomping the fruit, the nectar maker processes the juice into delicious nectar. Sell, trade or enjoy these new flavors! Sims can learn all about nectar making by using the nectar maker from the Nectary or by reading books bought in France. The Nectary in Champs Les Sims should be visited by any Sims interested in nectar making or for purchasing nectar making equipment!
- But, Beware - The Nectary isn’t just a tourist location for those who enjoy the flavors of nectar, but the site of one of the deadliest and most expansive tombs in the world.
- Exploration - The Celtic Burial Mound is a relatively safe tomb for new travelers to explore. Look for it in the far corner of town – it’s the large mound covered with ancient, mystical looking stones. The Faerie Tomb has long been hidden, though it’s just waiting for a new explorer to discover its secrets. Complete the first section to gain access to the vast riches tucked away on the island.
- Café - The Champs Les Sims marketplace is a great place to purchase new French Recipes and Nectar Making equipment! It’s also a great place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or delicious local crepe.
- Solve the Case - Think you’re up to the task of solving the mystery of the wily Jean Necteaux? Take on an adventure in France and see where it leads!
- Tour Time - Take a tour of the local museum, which showcases relics and artifacts from all around the world. The Museum is a great place to look for treasures that inspire you to adventure and explore.
- Creatures! - Collect new local wildlife like Frogs and Snails and take them home as pets.
- Not by Foot - Zip around town on a cool new scooter and take in the sights and the fresh country air!
Shang SimLa, China
- Home - A peaceful, isolated community in the mountainous region of China. Founded by a group of monks long ago, the locals take pride in their discipline and mental clarity. They enjoy visitors, but encourage tourists to spend their visit in a peaceful and respectful manner.
- People - Home to people that value discipline, peace and clarity of mind over all else. While there, adventurers are encouraged to visit the Academy to learn the Martial Arts skill, then head to the Scholar’s Garden for introspective meditation.
- The Mysterious Dragon Cave - High on the hill, overlooking Shang SimLa is a cave of cloudy origin. What happened there? What does it mean? Follow the smoke up the hill to find the mysterious Dragon Cave, which holds the key to the mystery of this forgotten valley.
- Local Color - Purchase fireworks from the local general merchant and travel to the tallest hill to put on a spectacle worth writing home about! Be careful though, beauty has its’ cost (not meant for indoor use).
- Awesome Army - The ancient and resolute Terracotta Soldiers of the long-dead First Emperor can be found deep within the hillsides of Shang Simla. Visit them and stand in awe of their majesty!
- Heavenly Vista – High above town, take in the breathtaking views and calm of this great site. Explore the ancient and mystical Temple of Heaven to uncover untold secrets left long ago.
- It said what?! - Purchase the Fortune Cookie Maker to enjoy the hilarious and foreboding fortunes for your Sims. Take one home yourself to give luck (or maybe not) to your neighbors.
- Untold Wonders - Discover a lifetime of riches in Dong Huo’s Treasure Trove. Uncover all the secrets and your Sims may never need to work again!
In The Sims 3 World Adventures, you can build like never before and share simple or complex tombs, hidden caves, and catacombs you’ve created with other Sims players. Building tombs is an entirely new way to enjoy Build and Buy Modes in the game and adds a new element to the adventure gameplay as a first for The Sims. To continue the lesson in adventure building, we’ve outlined additional objects that you can use and triggers that will activate behaviors—cause and effect style. Plus, we have more tips. We can’t wait to see what you’ll create!
Over a dozen additional artists who will lend their Simlish voice stylings to The Sims 3 World Adventures including Grammy Award-winner LeAnn Rimes and hot rising stars Fefe Dobson, Natalie Portman's Shaved Head, Katie Melua, Esme Denters, Evan Taubenfeld, Madina Lake, and more...
More articles about The Sims 3: World Adventures