PT Boats is dedicated to a small group of little known but perhaps some of the most daring naval combatants of World War II: the torpedo boat crews. These ships are small, fast and agile, and extremely dangerous due to the on-board torpedo launchers. But they are also the most vulnerable of all military vessels. More than once in the history of WWII, a handful of those little deadly boats helped decide the course of an entire battle and executed seemingly impossible missions.
They were called the "mosquito fleet" because of their unique combat tactics. Using speed and agility, dodging enemy fire, PT boats approached seemingly giant enemy ships in a fight of David against Goliath, stung them with well aimed torpedo volleys - and immediately withdrew!
The casualties were immense, but the results often worth these lives and sacrifices. These small heroes of the great war made an unforgettable contribution to the Allied victory.
„PT Boats: Knights of the Sea“ is a full-blown naval simulation, and more: combining key elements of a strategic, tactical and action simulator, the game allows the player to control each crew member separately - or command whole groups of ships in a strategic layer!
Leading small crews on tiny ships against a much stronger opponent will let you experience the intricacies of naval combat in its most immediate form. Flexible options will allow you to fully customize the game’s difficulty, and you will be able to choose to focus on specific areas of your ship (such as manning a specific gun), or command the big picture.
All ships and weapons are recreated using authentic historical documents. All game objects use real-life physics, and you will be able to experience such beautiful and realistic sea and ambiance effects as never seen before in a PC game.
„PT Boats“ fully supports DirectX 10 and multi-core processors. System requirements and the recommended system configuration is listed below.
„PT Boats: Knights of the Sea“ is currently in localization stage and will be ready for release later this year, 2009. The english language version will be available in North America and Europe only from via direct download or as a hardcopy with fully printed manual and DVD box by mail for $45 (plus S&H if applicable). A free demo will be available around the time of release as well.
- The game combines key elements of a strategic, tactical and action simulator
- The player can control each crew member separately, or command whole groups of ships
- Flexible options allow the player to fully customize the game difficulty
- Military units are recreated using authentic historical documents
- All game objects use real-life physics
- Beautiful and realistic sea and ambiance effects never seen before
- Support of DirectX 10 and multi-core processors.
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, 32-bit
- 2.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or an equivalent
- 1 GB RAM
- GeForce 6200 or Radeon X1300 video card with 256 Mb RAM and DirectX 9.0c-compatible drivers
- 4x DVD-ROM Drive
- 2 GB free hard disk space
- DirectX 9.0c (included on disk)
- DirectX 8.1-compatible audio card
- Keyboard, Mouse
Recommended system configuration:
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 32-bit
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6700+ or an equivalent
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB free hard disk space
- DirectX 10.0 (included on disk)
- Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX series, ATI Radeon HD 4850 series or higher
More articles about PT Boats: Knights of the Sea